The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Table Hopper Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Hey Guys! I just discovered something awesome! Since my summer is now over, I now have accrued some extra money working my butt off between lifeguarding and performing. And since it's my last year of college, I have a light semester of classes and have a little extra time to practice some new stuff on the block.

As I was going through my routine of checking the usual sites to see what’s new and coming out, I have found a true golden nugget! Sebashtion Houston of Sub Divided Studios is now back up and running! Sub Divided Studios is celebrating with new products and discounts on the old. For those of you who missed your chance to own a Trinity System, they are now being sold for only $50 with free shipping. I already own one and I absolutely have to testify that it is the best way to tie your Invisible Elastic Bands. Saved my *** one time while I was on the road.

The coolest thing to me is SDS’ limited edition close-up table in a new color in SDS’ strolling size or their new table hopper size. I already own a strolling table, so I plan on getting the new table hopper for sure. I emailed Sebashtion about the color and it is exactly as the picture shows (meaning that it’s not computerized in anyway), and I’m happy since it’ll match most of my props!

Anyhow guys- all my props go out to Sebashtion and his staff for the excellent quality that they put into their products and their customer service. CHECK THEM OUT: http://www.subdividedstudios.com .
-Matt
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The web site is quite confusing. Some of the listings are strange, for example:
The Trinity System/300ft spool Of Stripped Infinity Thread

Does this mean The Trinity System with 300 foot spool of Stripped Infinity Thread?

On the page about the Infinity Thread, he lists is as "striped Infinity Thread." There is a major difference between "stripped" and "striped," and both terms are apropos when discussing thread.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Yes Bill, it is 300 feet of stripped infinity thread as most people seem to hate stripping thread.

As far as stripped versus striped goes, it is a mere spelling error.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
Thanks again for the kind words Matt,

As for the Trinity Selling For $50 that was a sale we had but it is over now....

we are looking to have a sale again soon for the TLS

Mr Palmer, I am sorry you do not like the site, I will try to do better for you.

sebashtion H.
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Okay. Both of you. Step back and take a good look at what I have written. I NEVER said I didn't like the site. I said it was confusing. When it comes to "stripped" versus "striped," it's more than just a spelling error. It may be difficult for you to understand what I mean, but since both terms exist in the world of IT, a spelling error that produces a completely different meaning is much worse than one that can be interpreted only as the correct word. For example, if you have a sentence where "from" is written as "form," you can tell from the context what was meant. But in this case, where both "stripped" IT and "striped" IT exist, you must be very careful about having a confusing spelling error, because it changes the meaning of what you are advertising.

You have to admit that this company has a very strange history of putting things up on the web, then not being able to deliver them. It took over a year for them to have a working web site. You have a web site with a 2008 copyright date, and you are just now getting around to promoting them in 2009.

Before you misunderstand me -- I've been very active in the IT business for almost 35 years. I no longer produce IT, because what I was producing was a real pain to make, and it is no longer necessary. I'm glad the art has progressed as well as it has. There are so many new things out there that make it easy on us, such as the Trinity system.

I wish you guys well, but please don't get in over your heads.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
Mr Palmer, I was not trying to start a flame war with what I said. but you have posted on a couple of the posts regarding my site and it was not in a good way,
please if you have something to say about how long it took for me to get my site up, PM me and ask the detials behind why, before posting it took a year too get back up..... or we know what it means when a store has an underconstruction sign up......... we have had isues with our site, but never had a problem getting orders out to the customers. we have a great customer service and report for all who ordered and or talked with me on the phone....... and yes it was a spelling error on the stripped it but you were the only one who is complaining about anything on my site. that is why I said sorry to you. I am out of town right now but when I get back I will fix my spelling mistakes.

and thanks for the warning I will try not to get in over my head.
Sebashtion H
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Sebashtion consider the late great Senator Crandall once said "Criticism is a gift".

Gil Scott
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Quote:
On 2009-09-26 14:55, Sebashtion H. wrote:
Mr Palmer, I was not trying to start a flame war with what I said. but you have posted on a couple of the posts regarding my site and it was not in a good way,
please if you have something to say about how long it took for me to get my site up, PM me and ask the detials behind why, before posting it took a year too get back up..... or we know what it means when a store has an underconstruction sign up......... we have had isues with our site, but never had a problem getting orders out to the customers. we have a great customer service and report for all who ordered and or talked with me on the phone....... and yes it was a spelling error on the stripped it but you were the only one who is complaining about anything on my site. that is why I said sorry to you. I am out of town right now but when I get back I will fix my spelling mistakes.

and thanks for the warning I will try not to get in over my head.
Sebashtion H

Sebashtion,

Dude! Take a deep breath! Return to your normal D.E.F.C.O.N level. Seriously! My advice is when Bill Palmer speaks about ANYTHING (magic or otherwise) to shut your trap and listen. We cannot learn anything by talking.

Bill has NOT flamed you or bashed you for anything. On the contrary...he made some GOOD observations about your website. Personally...I think the site sucks. It's hard to read, not user friendly to navigate thru, and confusing. I went to your site, spent all of 10 seconds on it and closed it out, which could be an issue. If "I" did it...then how many others would do the same thing.

I'm not familiar with you, your company, or your products. After all the hub bub I did go back and look and found your table. Tho' not for me, your table hopper table looks very nice and professional.

But back on point...Bill Palmer is not here to hang out...he's here to offer his advice and help everyone from the new kid on the block, to the rising star, to the professional.

LISTEN!

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
Quote:
On 2009-09-27 10:54, gadfly3d wrote:
Sebashtion consider the late great Senator Crandall once said "Criticism is a gift".

Gil Scott

Will Do, not trying to argue about this or anything, I took it the wrong Way.
Mr, Palmer I am Sorry for my words and will look into my site so it will be easier to navigate, and get a better spell checker, the one I use is not helping me.

Sebashtion H.
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Sebastian,

You look like you have some good stuff. What I would recommend is, besides a spell checker, is someone who is good in English grammar to proof read your site. "Stripped" and "striped" are both correct English words that mean two different things, but both are spelled correctly. A spell checker will not catch this, whereas, a proof reader would. Therefore, I as a user don't know if your thread is "stripped" or "striped." Reading this thread, I know the difference, but a user coming cold would not, so they would get confused.

Bob Phillips
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Sebastion, no offense, but I use dial-up & the photos were taking way too long to come up, so I left. I know, I know, they say "patience is a virtue;" but then I've never claimed to be a virtuous person. ;0)
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
I have been in touch with a web designer for optimizing the site for faster loading and easier navigation...... I thank you all for the crit on the site, I need to know what I can do to make your visit better......

I am talking with some, to proof read the site on the updates so there are no glitches..... so far it is a running joke on the miss spellings.
we are working on making the visit to the site pleasing for all, as for the dial up, I don't know if the videos will load fast or not after optimization or not....

once again thanks.

Sebashtion H.
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Here is one hint on graphics. Make sure that the actual size of the graphic and the display size of the graphic are the same. I'll explain what I mean by that.

Sometimes people will put images on their web sites that are fairly large, say 1280 pixels by 780 pixels. This would take up almost an entire screen on some computers, so they put a command in their display statement that reduces the displayed size of the image to 320 x 240 pixels, so it will fit on the page properly. However, the computer is still downloading the same large picture, just displaying it smaller. So, if you reduce the size of the picture on the server to the displayed size, it will be 1/4 the size of the original (in this case) and it will display in 1/4 of the time.

Some people use thumbnails, which is a perfectly acceptable way to do this.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Quote:
On 2009-10-19 22:28, Sebashtion H. wrote:
I have been in touch with a web designer for optimizing the site for faster loading and easier navigation...... I thank you all for the crit on the site, I need to know what I can do to make your visit better......

I am talking with some, to proof read the site on the updates so there are no glitches..... so far it is a running joke on the miss spellings.
we are working on making the visit to the site pleasing for all, as for the dial up, I don't know if the videos will load fast or not after optimization or not....

once again thanks.

Sebashtion H.

Hi Sebashtion,

Optimizing the graphics is a pretty simple process. As an example I took your logo graphic from your site and tweaked it for web use. The original file was almost 2 meg. Though this high resolution file is important for print use, it is not very good for web use. After I tweaked the file it was only 200k and should load almost instantly even on a slow connection. I e-mailed the file to you. Feel free to use it if it helps you out.

Thanks,
Richard
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
Thanks Richard, got the email......

Mr Palmer, I am in the mist of converting the graphics to be smaller and to use thumbnails,

most of the prob I was having is that everything I do is for print and or video.... the web page is a new adventure for me as for getting it to look good and to have it load fast, it is a pain, It would be great if I only worked on the site and the studio but that has not been an option for us here as of lately ( the last year or so) so updates and web optimization was second thought....... I have a web designer re-designing the site for optimization, better galleries, video galleries, a blog, and so I can update it on the fly, unlike what I have to do now...... I am not complaining I just did not have the time to learn the right way to fix the site, till now.
So I hope that the new site will be soon and I can move the site forward.

I appreciate all the help and comments to make the site better.

Sebashtion H.

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 10:14pm
The Holidays Are Coming Soon We are Going To List A Sale in the next Day or Two On Everything We Make....
10%-20% off orders for the Tables And the New Table Bases, for the holidays orders must be in by November 31st to have shipped for Christmas...
http://www.subdividedstudios.com

Sebashtion H.
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Table Hopper Table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL