The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » The Deadly Storm That Hit Manila and Ring 322 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
September 29, 2009

My Dear Brothers in Magic,

I’m sure by now you have heard of the devastating news about the monstrous typhoon that has plagued my homeland, the Philippines. This unfortunate event has left thousands of my countrymen homeless, even taking lives of hundreds. Of these, many of our brothers from IBM Ring 322 in Manila were not spared from this tragic and unfortunate event.

Last Monday at our weekly meeting at MAGFI (Magicians Foundation Inc.), I have come face to face with them, hearing from our members and officers the tragic stories of how they faced and endured the storm and losing everything they own as a result of this. They are now displaced as their homes are still covered in mud and water and are now left with nothing to start their lives over.

Like you, I am one of the more fortunate ones who are not burdened by such a predicament. Unlike you, I am here to witness it all with limited resources to cover for all of them. As much as I want to extend help to each one of them, I as an individual can only do so much. It is for this reason that I am writing this letter to appeal to you for support for them in any way possible.

What our members need now would first and foremost be financial aid. Magic is their main source of livelihood from which they feed their families with. With all their props and equipment gone, they can not get back to work to start earning in order for them to rebuild their lives. Another way you could help would be through pledges of props, costumes, etc. which they may be able to use. Third, basic necessities such as food and clothing are also needed. Last but certainly not the least, prayers and positive words to uplift them in this most crucial time would be most appreciated.

You may reach me through PM, (email) rannieraymundo@yahoo.com , (mobile) +639189131601, or you may directly send your contributions to my PAYPAL acct which I will give you after we correspond.

I believe that we are brothers not only through the better times but moreso through these tough times as well. Your support will certainly go a long way. This is where the magic truly lies in our community.

Sincerely,

Rannie Raymundo
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » The Deadly Storm That Hit Manila and Ring 322 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL