The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: The Master Levitation System by Steave Farson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
This is my first review, so I appologise if I get things muddled up.

The Master Levitation System
by Steve Fearson

http://emagicsupply.com/112-masterlevitation-64-custom.html

I ordered this about a week and a half ago and I have been longing for it to come for a while; the impatience I had was immense. Having said that I was certainly not disappointed. It came in a slick black box, which contained everything needed to perform the effect:

The DVD was completely comprehensive. I was a total beginner to IT before the DVD, yet at no point did I have to stop and rewind the film, to see something a second time. It was COMPLETELY explanatory.

Fearson is the perfect teacher, he does not patronise you, but he covers all you need to know. Here are a few of the tricks he teaches you (though I am not permitted to expose them, and I would not want too):

How to form a hoop with your hands for the object to float through.

How to float objects above your hands.

How to float an object several feet away from you, and how to walk away from a floating object.

How to maintain, store, create and use your own IT.

How to open a packet of crisps (or any snack food) and have the crisp float up into your mouth so you can eat it.

How to do a great entry into a table performance. "Did someone drop a fork?"... and the fork float up to your hand and into your pocket.

And MANY others.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. I have not even mentioned Area 51 yet, which is a killer routine. This routine involves being attacked by a small glowing object in the dark, then getting the object under control and floating it around your body, before letting it fly off into the night sky, never to be seen again. (despite what you may think, the final stage of this Area 51 routine CAN be performed live and is very, very, very cool)

The start up material that you get at first looks absolutely rubbish. It is highly visible... until you realize that you can peel away one of the 40 fibers that make up the string, turning it from a cotton thread, into IT.

This stuff cannot be seen except in very certain circumstances. I impressed my brother and sister by holding it right in front of their faces, and they only believed it was there when I rubbed their noses against it. I could not ask for anything better.

The other items are all realistic looking, with the possible exception of the deck. Personally I will only use the fork, because it is an INCREDIBLE way to start a walk-around-table routine. It is worth noting that you can even use REAL ICE cubes with practise, and Fearson teaches you how.

So to summarise; a brilliant, brilliant purchase. I highly recommend it, and I am not someone who is easily impressed. I do suggest however that you also spend an extra $7 to purchase extra material at the same time, so that you have an almost unlimited supply.

OVER ALL RATING: 9/10

Tom
xx
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
695 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
Great review, Tom.
I've heard that an effect on this system is very similar to the classic Tarantula effect where a borrowed ring floats, spins, and then lands on a spectator's finger. Can you confirm? Thanks.

Michael
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
CEL
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of CEL
Well this is my first post and I'd thought I'd like to share my thoughts on the MLS after just receiving it today Smile

I originally saw The Floating Rose done by David Copperfield and was drawn to the effect of floating objects and the effect it had on people and wanted to learn this myself.
After some research, I ordered The Floating Rose DVD by Kevin James and also an ITR Boss Reel on the same order.
Without giving anything away hopefully, I found out the floating rose effect is done with just normal IT.
Therefore, I had no idea how to use my ITR properly or what could be done with it.

With a bit more research and reading posts here in the magic Café, Steve Fearson's MLS came highly recommended so I decided to order this as well.

After watching it this evening, I am very happy I decided to by this.
Steve Fearson gave lots of helpful information on IT and also how to use ITR's and what you can do with them.
So for a newbie like me, this was valuable information and a must have DVD in my books if you're new to IT and ITR's Smile
madmonsterparty
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of madmonsterparty
I have his Area 51 video. How does this compare?
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Eshla,

Reviews that reveal the actual secrets of tricks are not allowed in the general area of the Café. You have been notified of this before. Laypeople are allowed on the Café, and your writings are available to everyone, not only magicians.

Respectfully,

Lou Serrano
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
Ok, I'm sold.. I will be purchasing this one!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: The Master Levitation System by Steave Farson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL