The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » 13th Annual Motor City Close-Up Convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
The 13th Annual Motor City Convention will be here the weekend of November 13-15, 2009. That's only THREE weeks from Friday. If you haven't registered yet you may wish to consider doing so. Time is getting very short.

I am very excited about this year's line-up. I believe that you will find this to be one of the strongest line-ups of recent years. The magic WILL BE outstanding!

The Motor City Convention will feature Joshua Jay, David Neighbors, Oscar Munoz, and Helder Guimaraes. I am planning some surprises.

Tom Gagnon will be there. Who knows. Maybe you'll get to see Tom demonstrate some of the material from his soon to be released book. You card guys don't want to miss that.

Joshua Jay will perform items from his column in Magic Magazine as well as some of the stuff from his personal repertoire. Joshua assures me that, in spite of his recent accident, he will be ready. You will enjoy the magic of Joshua Jay.

David Neighbors is also a great addition to the convention. David has not been in this area in many years. You will see some incredible coin stuff. Be alerted that David is very approachable. Feel free to ask him any questions regarding coin magic or any kind of magic. David will be happy to answer your questions.

Oscar Munoz is a very talented performer. Oscar performs an incredible amount of both Kid Shows and Family Shows. Oscar's superb magic combined with his hilarious comedy will leave you loving his material. Oscar is also an outstanding close-up magician. If you haven't seen his close up work, you are in for a big treat.

Last but not least is Helder Guimaraes. Most of you have probably not heard of Helder. Helder is a world champion magician. Among his many accomplishments, Helder took the 1st Place Prize for Card Magic at the 2006 F.I.S.M. Convention. Wait until you see what Helder can do with a deck of cards.

As I mentioned, this year's line-up is incredibly good. As usual, you will have an opportunity to meet and mingle with these performers, ask questions, and share some of your ideas with them. You can find more convention information, including the schedule of events, by going to the convention website: http://www.johnlukamagic.com/

There are many expenses associated with putting together a convention. Among the expenses are the fees for the performers. Each year I try to put together a top notch line-up. Your registration is what ultimately pays the bills and allows me to obtain first class talent. If you don't register, I still need to pay the bills. Compared to some other conventions, registration is very reasonable. Don't wait until the last minute to register. Register quickly and easily on line via PayPal. You deserve a fun weekend. Register today.

There will be four lectures, two optional workshops and three close-up shows. The cost of the optional workshops is $25 for the David Neighbors workshop. Joshua Jay's workshop is $30. This is a real bargain, considering the skill of both performers. I am pleased that they agreed to keep the cost of the workshops down. Be sure to sign up for the workshop of your choice. You can do so on line or when you arrive at the convention.

Some of the dealers signed up already include: Hank Moorehouse, Gordon Miller, The Wunderground, EZ Magic, Wunderground West, PMS Magic, and ABC Magic.

I am looking forward to seeing you at this year's event.

John Luka
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
This is always a great convention...teired seating for the shows, not a bad seat in the house....love this one

Koz
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi John,
Yea I am so looking forward to this! Smile I am working on some close-up/ palor stuff! So all can see it well! And anyone comeing to my workshop If you can start thinking of any ??? you want to ask now, that would help! And if you want to E-Mail any ??? That we could go over in the workshop that be great! My E-Mail is coinjurer@comcast.net Ok thanks gang.
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Gino M.
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Gino M.
What a great line-up John has put together... I am working that weekend but I urge everyone in the area to support this great convention...

Danny Archer...
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Anyone looking for a roommate?

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » 13th Annual Motor City Close-Up Convention (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL