The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » My most recent Bicycle Bricks from Sam's Club (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
486 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Quote:
On 2009-09-03 11:32, marknem7 wrote:
I heard from a card expert who lectured at the IBM convention in Buffalo that the new plant at U.S.P.C. Co. is is now using a different method to stamp cut their Bikes, i.e. a straight up-and-down cut vs the slightly bevel-angle cut previously used. This makes intricate shuffles more difficult, according to this card expert.

Anyone notice a difference in the handling of the new Bikes?

I recently bought a few 12 deck bricks from Sam's and just opened 2 decks to break them in.

Here is what I noticed about the two decks I opened. First, they were cut more square (meaning not off center) than a lot of decks I bought from Sam's in the past, but since I've only opened two decks so far... the jury is still out on whether they are doing a better job of centering.

The 2 BIGGEST differences I noticed about the cards were... first, that they faro shuffled perfectly right out of the box and second, I was able to do the faro starting the shuffle from the bottom of the deck (which is the way I learned the faro way back when) instead of having to start the shuffle from the top.

Also, with these decks I can do a one handed faro with the deck face down instead of having to have the cards face up.

In recent years, I had to faro from the top of the deck down and do one handed faros with the deck face up. Maybe it's just a personal preference, but I think the faro shuffle looks better (at least in my hands) when I start the shuffle at the bottom of the deck.

So, my guess (because of the above stated differences) is they probably are cutting the decks in a different manner, but personally I like the change.

Has anyone else noticed these differences?

Glenn
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
I personally like the current batch too. As you said, they faro shuffled perfectly right out the box! The current decks also have a somewhat slimmer feel to them, compared to the previous batch...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » My most recent Bicycle Bricks from Sam's Club (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL