The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » Ben Harris' IMonicle App (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Ben Harris’s :: I monicle :: WowBound

So, Ben Harris is releasing I phone apps now. Jesus, he’s always one step ahead. I Monicle. There are hundreds of different versions of this about and it’s one of the oldest idea’s ever since video on phones has been around. Many magicians have tackled this effect and with startling similarity in each. In fact, each previous version are all the same!

So what is it? You show your iPhone screen. You place it on your hand and tap the screen. The mini magnified glass appears and allows us to see into the phone. You see the chips and boards inside. The magnified glass is dragged around to give you a goo clear view of inside the phone. Then explain that sometimes, if your very careful, you can in fact see through the phone. As bizarre as it sounds, you press the screen on the phone and drag the magnified glass around. Surely enough, you can see your hand through the phone! It’s incredible.

Most versions are a small video that is played as you move it along places of your body. Usually displaying a x-ray image. Ben’s app has stormed ahead of all the previous models of this effect. Although not really intended as a magic trick and more as a gag. Ben’s app is really easy to use and incredibly good fun, the graphics are top notch and he includes a gauge for you to position your hand.

Although Ben’s app is cool. It’s not my style of app. Fun gag effect and Ben’s adaptation works really well. IF you can find someone gullible enough to believe it or be interested in it. It’s a brilliantly made app but I can’t help but think it’s a little pointless. I would recommend checking out Ben’s Magic apps like “Crossroads” instead.

“A brilliantly put together app and by far the best version of this classic illusion. However, only a gag piece and not really an often used app.”

**** 4/5 Stars!

Available at http://www.wowbound.com

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your comments. It's a fun app to perform and a fun app to play with.

X-RAY MONiCLE is ONLY available from http://www.premierappshop.com

Hit that address ON YOUR IPHONE and you'll find a video demo, reviews, and info. Plus you'll be able to check out the other Premier App Shop products!

Cheers

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » Ben Harris' IMonicle App (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL