The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Signed Miss-made? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Is anyone working with a Signed Miss-made bill?

Bob
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
I think Asi Wind has a routine like that.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I do believe he does... Didn't Ant perform it on Celebracadabra?
Joe S.
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
270 Posts

Profile of Joe S.
Asi Wind has one... but not in print. It's wonderful.

Why are you looking for a signed one?
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
I’m not looking for one, I was just wondering if any/many magicians are doing mismade that way. I have always had good reactions with it and it has been the way I do mismade for years. It is not one of those many routines that seem to be made to “try to fool” other magicians, it’s for the lay audience.

I used to do one that was a modification of a published (and sold) Dan Harlin(sp?) trick, but the cost was about $5.00 each time you did it. Since I always offer the mismade as a souvenir (at a cost of about $1.50, I did not want to put out $5.00 every time a bill was signed.

Bob
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

I went back and watched my recordings of Celebracadabra, and yes Ant does perform Asi's signed mis-made routine. It is an amazing routine. I really wish Asi would put that effect on the market. You may also want to check John Lovick's Switch book. There may be a signed mis-made routine in there..Smile
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
I believe the one that Ant did on Celebracadabra is an adaptation of
Dan Harlan's "Crazy Eights" check it out here

http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=4833
Magic is Everywhere
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
That is the one I was doing for a while, it is very nice, but really chews up uncut sheets. If you get Crazy Eights you can work it out.

The way I do it does not add anything to the cost of a standard mismade routine.

Bob
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
Magic is Everywhere
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

I'm really trying to find this routine..

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%......v-google

Anyone have any ideas? It is similar to Asi's routine, but much cleaner.
Spackle666
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Spackle666
Ahhhh, another beautiful example of the power of tv magic. Wonderful effect, but you must ask yourself what exactly took place (or could have taken place) before the clip to make that effect that powerful. Cause something did happen before hand. The rest is actually very nice handling.
"it's bad luck to be superstitious."
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Here's a proper link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRhLwzSp2q4

Also, I did confirm with Asi himself that the routine Ant performed on Celebracadabra was indeed Asi's routine. He told me that he has no plans on releasing it anytime soon.

This stinks.. I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to track down a signed T&R mismade routine. I'm not gonna give up though!! Smile
LFoxx
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of LFoxx
Years ago I did a signed misled by using a generic name on the bill. I had two TT's one with a signature in cursive and one printed. Since I had them sign the middle fo the face of the bill, once it was mismade the wasn't readable.

Also it was part of a larger routine, and a platform routine at that, so the bill never took a close up inspection.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
If you dig deep here on the Café you'll find some more discussion on this. Apparently the signed T&R mis-made bill was independently created by both Dan Harlan and Asi Wind. But since Harlan was the first to put it in print he's credited with the effect. Dan Harlan commented on this a while ago. Great effect, but it does cost about $5 each time you perform it, so it is one of those effects you save for a special performance.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
I have one that I worked out with Asi to which we may release. Its only torn in half and restored mismade though.

Asi should be realsing his soon, the filming is all done on it.

Six
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-03-14 20:11, Spackle666 wrote:
Ahhhh, another beautiful example of the power of tv magic. Wonderful effect, but you must ask yourself what exactly took place (or could have taken place) before the clip to make that effect that powerful. Cause something did happen before hand. The rest is actually very nice handling.

Agreed. There is SOMETHING that took place before the performance that we are not privy to.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Signed Miss-made? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL