The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Magic ebooks on Ipod touch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Need some advise, I would like to have some of my ebooks loaded in my Ipod Touch, my only experience with ebooks is using my computer not a mobile device of any kind.
I played with ereader and stanza and both can load the ebooks on the IPOD, however it is only the text part, all the photos are lost.
For an ebook on magic that relies a lot on photos to explain the moves is a problem that the photos are not there.

Have you found a better application or a way around so the txt and the photos could be loaded into the IPODs?

Thank you
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Here I am answering my own question. In case anybody else wants to have pdf files with photos on the Ipod Touch (I think it also works with Iphone)

I use the application Files Lite (free on itunes), loading this application and then a network drive in your PC, whatever you put on the network drive will be transfered wi-fi to the IPOD, very fast.
Files lite allows a drive of 200MB if you need a larger drive, then you need to buy the files application.
200MB for pdf files is plenty unless you want to load all your library, I loaded some from Duffie, some from Scott Guinn and they are very small.
The pictures transfered very well.
Here are the directions on a video on youtube that teach you how to do it
http://www.olivetoast.com/Files/faq.shtml

If you need more information PM

Good luck ... Pablo
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Actually what I have been using is Air Sharing. Not the most cheapest app but it gets the job done. Keep in mind you do need to have a wireless connection in your home to transfer e-books. I also have some word documents on there. Check it out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Magic ebooks on Ipod touch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL