The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Tarot Reading Secrets, 2 DVD set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
New from Leaping Lizards ma Magic.
This is a high quality DVD set. Dean Montalbano is a well versed, experienced reader of the Tarot. His explanations are exacting, and informative. hE GIVES YOU The real works of the crafy. His manner is confident and relaxed.
For any one wanting to read the Tarot, but previously felt it too daunting a goal to achieve. This DVD set is the correct tool to begin you on your path.
A bonus study feature valued at $20. Is included at no additional cost to you.

I highly recommend it.

Ronald J Dayton, aka Kotah
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Ron, how would you compare it to the works of Enrique Enriquez?
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Bill, Enrique Enriques, has a totally different feel and approach to things,
Personally, I like them both. But theres no comparing of apples to oranges.
Enrique has more of a mistique to his work, But Dean also has definite value to the beginning reader/ novice. Not every one can pull off what EE does.

Ron
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've liked everything Leaping Lizards has put out, their Devil of a Bar and Grill (title may be jumbled) is one of my favorite books.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Interesting difference of opinion on EE, Kotah. EE, from my many conversations with him and study of his materials, eschews mystique! He presents tarot minus the mystique applied in typical reading methods, dismissing all spiritual or supernatural elements and explaining what he does as using natural functions of the brain to work with metaphor and meaning.

I am in the interesting position of having no typical training, such as the meaning of individual cards or combinations of cards, and EE has encouraged me to keep this "beginner's mind" so that I don't fall into the trap of mystique and continue to strictly use metaphor and the interaction between images and thoughts evoked from the sitter and myself.

I realize this is very different from standard teachings in tarot and I suppose my initial question was somewhat disingenuous, knowing that it would be very rare indeed to find a beginner's guide to tarot that teaches anything remotely like EE's methods. However, I disagree with you that not anyone can do what he does.

It isn't a matter of "pulling it off" which I, and I expect EE, would more likely assign as a description of the more typical methods of reading. EE's style is actually exceptionally down to earth and scientificaly based. In this sense it is immensely learnable but one has to first "empty the vase" that teaches tarot in its more typical form where "pulling it off" is part of the mindset.

I guess I am fortunate in that I started with EE and a vase that was mostly empty!
Perhaps this skews my vision somewhat, but I don't see why anyone would be unable to learn just what I have learned. Especially if they started from the same point.

I'm not trying to be disagreeable, I just disagree. I've always enjoyed and respected your work and opinions but we definitely see this very differently.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Tarot Reading Secrets, 2 DVD set (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL