The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Godfather's, "Unfaithful Force" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
dscanning
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of dscanning
Well, I just happened upon this thread and after reading it from beginning to end, I have to say that Vinny has no reason to apologize to anyone. If a move is identical to a move that someone else has published or filmed before and it is "obviously identical to the inventor's original handling" then let the credit wolves attack. But if a new handling is "obviously different from the original handling or structure" then stop the silly nitpicking.
Telling Vinny that he needs to do the mature thing and give credit insinuates that Vinny has done a bad thing and casts him in a very bad light. You are telling someone that, effectively, they must prove they are innocent, when no one has offered ANY proof that he is guilty. I believe the correct juxtaposition of terms is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. I like it. Let's keep it.
This kind of thinking and harsh treatment only makes inventors and sharers of this art want to never show anyone anything they come up with, less they be attacked by the young jackals who look for anyone who doesn't spend years reading thru all the tomes of magic to make sure no one has ever done his handling in a similar fashion.
If it is blatant and obviously a rip-off, then I am on your side and want that person to be shamed. But that hop move has many variations and there will be many more variations in the future. I have seen many different hop moves, but never seen the handling that Vinny incorporates with a riffle force. It fooled me badly and I am grateful that he is kind enough to share.
If someone has the same handling and structure in a book or on a tape, then reference it and speak of it gently, without harshness.
But if you have a vague memory of a similar handling, do not open your mouth or print a word until you check your facts...otherwise, you impugn a good man's reputation and make yourself unwelcome in future discussions.
Thank you!
Doug Canning
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Doug I want to personaly thank you for your support, and standing by what I did.

The One I could of called the The hop Force but I was advided by a very knowledgeble person who is a magician and mentalist and close friend Scott Grossberg not to name it that for obvious reasons./

The other side of the coin How come the midnight shift is not called the hermman pass or
the spread pass is not called the Hermman pass ect ect ......
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Actually, the name "Unfaithful Force" came about because, if you actually study this force application of an old gambler's move, you will see that the card(s) to be controlled do not stay married to the proper packet - in other words, the card(s) do not stay true to their intended and apparent position, move on while onlookers believe the card(s) is/are somewhere else, and then kiss another packet.

Hence, the name.

Vinny - I continue to use this force with devastating results! Thanks for sharing with me. - Scott
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi Scott Good to hear from you and your support.
Just a reminder next month I will be releasing a sandwich effect that has a new and different twist.
and the month after I promise I will be doing a coin effect with my opriginal coin control Rice Krispies vanish (snap crackle and pop)
I expect the WOLFS to be out in full force..... LOL
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Godfather's, "Unfaithful Force" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL