The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Salt Shaker Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I'm looking for complete routines using a salt shaker. Not a one phase effect, but rather multi-phase routines. I'm aware of the following:

Shake Sphere by Neil Prete
Mike Gallo's routine based on Neil Prete's "Shake Sphere"

Just wondering what else is out there.

Thanks
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Don't forget Mike Close's Card to Forehead routine. It features a salt shaker as a major part of the magic. You can find it in Workers #3.

Thanks,
Richard
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Yes, I will add that to the list.

Thanks
ugdini13
View Profile
Loyal user
Chino,Ca
259 Posts

Profile of ugdini13
I do not know if this is usable for restaurant magic, but there is killer impromptu Ring in Saltshaker routine in an old Magical Arts Journal(Nov 86) by Thomas Hierling called "Ring in Shaker".

Effect:You vanish a ring, show both hands empty and unscrew the top and pour the salt into your hand where the ring becomes visible. It used a clever gimmick which you can eat after

2. Ammar has one in his "Magic of Michael Ammar book" as well called "Pass the Salt?" I believe

3. Garret Thomas has a complete routine with a saltshaker in his first magic video as well
"Perfection is in the details, but detail is no Perfection"-Dai Vernon
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Paul Gertner's Version of the tried and true "Salt shaker through table has always intrigued me. Takes effort but oh what an impression it leaves on the Client. (Detailed in the intro to his book Steel& Silver by Richard Kaufman.)
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
And don't forget the Long Pour Salt trick that uses a shaker, popularized by Roy benson and later Fred Kaps. Kozak put out a routine on this recently.
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Al Goshman also comes to mind.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Virtually any work on impromptu magic is going to have salt shaker effects.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
James prince also has a ring to salt shaker routine in his menu for miracles dvd set also tommy wounder has a card effect that uses a salt shaker as the main prop
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
All Paul Potassy tricks use a salt shaker.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Salt Shaker Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL