The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Who's this guy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asgar
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of asgar
Billiard ball was my first magic stuff that I could show in stage. I love this very much. Anyway, I saw many videos of billiard ball manipulation and this guy is simply the best. Such a smooth manipulator must be very famous. So who's he? Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YSLZ_H_N0Q

Another thing is, did Cardini use any gimmick balls?, because I only saw his one ball routine.
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Have you read the Cardini Book or Levent's Billiard Ball DVD that discirbes Cardini's BB act in full?
Larry Conger
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Larry Conger
I don't know who he the fellow is you posted the link to, but am glad to see someone bring him up. I was also very impressed when I saw his performance.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
He looks Japanese to me and based on the audience reactions I believe he is performing at one of the Japanese Magic club event.
Magic1man
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Magic1man
An obviously very skilled performer but I didn’t like the pace of the routine. Too much happening too fast! I think a slower pace would look more magical and let the audience enjoy the magical effects that were happening! Looked to much like juggling to me.

Wmhegbli, asgar has clearly not read your referenced sources or he would not of asked a question he new the answer to.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Asgar:

Thanks for posting that; I enjoyed it very much!

Ron
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
His moves a good -- BUT --- why?

What is the magic in watching someone just move balls in space multiplying, decreasing in number, movong hand to hand. Sure it is a skill -- but jugglers are skilled -- and without "drama" or purpose -- as perceived by an audience -- it can turn into a session of watching Olympic gymnastics required moves -- over and over.

Like a painting -- a skilled craftsman (and this fellow is) can make all the moves -- but needs the motivation and creativity to turn them from mere demonstration to a masterpiece.

P.S. - I do not even have this type of skill to contemplate making billiard balls movres into a masterpiece or adding character and personality to this type of work.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
This seems to be a trend with those 'next generation' magicians. They want to show-off their skills and not the magic.
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
Occasionally things are beautiful to watch without any deeper meaning.
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
For the lay person I don't think it matters so much if it's magical or has a theme or whether its more juggeling than magic, etc. If they are entertained and feel they got their money's worth it's all good.
Magic1man
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Magic1man
Its all Good? I have to disagree! Please compare the Cardini ball routine to most other routines on you tube. It is clear that it is not “All Good” Lay Audiences definitely can perceive the difference from a great act and a good act.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Yes, Norbert has a great ball act. I heard he won in the previous FISM, is it true?
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
Quote:
On 2009-11-16 20:59, Magic1man wrote:
Its all Good? I have to disagree! Please compare the Cardini ball routine to most other routines on you tube. It is clear that it is not “All Good” Lay Audiences definitely can perceive the difference from a great act and a good act.

Well sure a lay audience would be able to differentiate between a superb act and a hack. That wasn’t my point but I do agree with you. But If someone bills himself as a magician and they do more card juggling and demonstrates manipulative skill more so than magic,as long as it’s well done, no one is going to complain or want their money back. Farrell Dillon’s act comes to mind. A lot of cool manipulations that really wasn’t magic but I sure enjoyed watching it while being very envious.
alibaba
View Profile
Loyal user
Hawaii
280 Posts

Profile of alibaba
Check out the routine of Salvano:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dywJVJW_KIE
I'm as real as you think I am
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Salvano's multiplying billiard balls routine is really nice and a lot of thoughts has been put into the routine.
ohiomagic
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of ohiomagic
This one is nice , kinda classy I guess. I found this one a year or so ago. I like it a lot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY-_fCSSsiQ
ohiomagic
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of ohiomagic
Sorry my last post did not answer the original question but I saw others sharing so I thought I would put my two cents in.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There is a small difference between a manipulator and a magician who uses manipulation to create a magic effect.

A true manipulator is nothing more then a show-off. That is not meant in a bad way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Who's this guy? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL