The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Question on: Ultimate Oil & Water by Anthony Owens (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
Question to those of you who own this pasteboard miracle:
On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most difficult, what difficulty rating would you asign to learning and "perfecting" the handling of this effect? I'm not looking for any tipping, but rather to decide if this would require more knuckel busting than I can provide.

Thanks for any and all responces.
Ron
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ron I don't own the effect but I can assure you no knucklebusting at all
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
If you perform Sebastien Clergue's or Anthonys version, the difficulty level IMO (and I am an average card flinger .. Smile ) is about a 4, and the sequence of moves is more involved than the moves, and it is fun to practice this one....Get Anthonys dvd .. I'm sure it is good..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
Thank you to both of you for your knowledgable and helpful responses.

Ron
Mike Heitkamper
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Mike Heitkamper
Ron, I have to agree with joseph, this is a 4 on difficulty. I have always used the same cards as Sebastien Clergue because I liked being able to take the cards out of a regular deck, as oppsed to the packet trick version with two sets of duplicates. But beware! Recently I had someone pipe up at the beginning of the trick "Oh, the eight of clubs! That's my favorite card." When you buy the trick you will understand why this puts you behind the eight ball. This only happened once in dozens of performances.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Mike, how did you handle it? Curious, in case it happens to me.
Magic is a vanishing art.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On 2009-11-16 23:04, Ron Crumley wrote:
Question to those of you who own this pasteboard miracle:
On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most difficult, what difficulty rating would you asign to learning and "perfecting" the handling of this effect? I'm not looking for any tipping, but rather to decide if this would require more knuckle busting than I can provide.

Thanks for any and all responces.
Ron

Hi Ron, yes I agree with the other gents,I myself am just an average card man.This is certainly no knuckle buster..To the lay person you will be the master of slight... After you have aquired the method of Anthony owen's oil and water,and practiced you will really enjoy doing it,you will amaze your self it is such a visual effect.I personaly do Sebastian Clegues version which is called "Larva Lamp".
In Anthony owen's oil and water D.v.d He does not explain this routine,but he shows the last (3rd) phase..Once you have learned Anthony's oil and water you will be able to work out sebastians clergues routine as I did..I am sure you will not be disapointed Ron if you purchase Anthony owen'n d.v.d. I performed this myself on youtube.

VIEW VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKITCs98lGA

REGARDS

GTX MAGIC
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
Thank you GTX for your advise and the youtube performance!
I believe my next purchase will be the Anthony Owens DVD.

Appreciate everyones feedback that shined the light into the darkness.
Ron
asgar
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of asgar
Thanks for the youtube video.
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
I thought you might be interested to know that I've written a Free Bonus Update for my Ultimate Oil and Water effect. This features previously unreleased handlings from David Regal and myself and will be available very soon for all previous purchasers and dealers currently stocking the effect.

The free bonus includes:

1. Regal's handling which makes the effect almost completely sleight-free.

2. My handling which enables you to have the cards examined before the effect.

3. My approach for performing the routine in a walkaround or 'street magic' situation, without a table, with all the magic happening in the hands of a spectator.

Details of how to obtain this free bonus will be announced in the TVMagic.co.uk April newsletter, which will be sent by email in the next few days. To guarantee that you receive this information you'll need to sign up today to receive the newsletter by opening an account here: http://tvmagic.co.uk/catalog/login.php The folks at TVMagic.co.uk tell me that they will not share your email address with anyone.

Also, dealers currently stocking this effect are welcome to share this free bonus with any of their previous or future purchasers of the effect, as a complimentary service to their customers.

Best,

Anthony
facebook.com/anthony.owen1
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Anthony Owen exclusive products at TVMagic.co.uk
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Oh and the correct spelling of my surname is Owen, not Owens!
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Fairhaven, MA
325 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
I perform Anthony's stand-up version where the cards are placed in a wine glass. Other than the "get-ready" for the final phase where the cards are presented facing the audience, this is within the reach of just about any card magician. I've had mine for about 6 months. Great effect!!

Jeff Smith
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Thanks Jeff.
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
HusssKarson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ca, US
265 Posts

Profile of HusssKarson
Like it. Thanks Anthony for sharing it with the community. It really is clean!
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
I have a question. I see in the demo that you use 6 cards, 3 two of spades and 3 6 of hearts. I was wondering if you could use different cards like the A23 of spades and the 456 of hearts. I want to be able to take these cards from the deck, looking impromptu. I find it kinda funny to have all the same cards. Thanks

Jeremy
webstercolby
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of webstercolby
Very interresting topic. thanks for the news.
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Quote:
On 2010-05-04 19:22, Krazyjay wrote:
I have a question. I see in the demo that you use 6 cards, 3 two of spades and 3 6 of hearts. I was wondering if you could use different cards like the A23 of spades and the 456 of hearts. I want to be able to take these cards from the deck, looking impromptu. I find it kinda funny to have all the same cards. Thanks

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Yes you can use different cards taken from a deck. The DVD explains how to do this.

Best,

Anthony
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Thanks Anthony. Looking forward to receiving this.

Jeremy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Question on: Ultimate Oil & Water by Anthony Owens (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL