The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Microphone for Pitching (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I bought an batteried operated guitar amp/PA and am looking at buying a microphone to use with it for pitching. I bought a gim crack microphone holder to use with a corded microphone but don't like the way it works or feels. So I am looking at buying another microphone but before I did I was looking for some ideas from you all? Thanks
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
Looking for something cheap?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nady-DKW-1-Wireless-......7fd53447

Its extremely low-end but it gets the job done.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
A gimcrack holder will work in an emergency, but your better bet is a wireless mic. Also, if you pitch worms, the gimmick could very easily get tangled in the mic cord with a gimcrack setup, which would make an impossible situation.

If you pitch outside where electric isn't always available, you should also consider a cordless PA (battery-operated), and one that will run for at least 6-8 hours straight.

I have used a PASO ProCast50 for the past three years with a lavalier mic, and have been very satisfied with it. But I had to modify it by adding a second 12-volt battery to get an 8-10 hour runtime. Other folks have had good luck with something called a Happie Amp; you can find info about it on the F/X section of the Café. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Thanks for all of the help. I think I'm going to go with a cordless head set mic.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
I have used the Happie Amp for the past 6 months. 20 shows later and 3 flea markets later; I'm pretty happy with it especially considering the price.
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
keithmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of keithmagic
I'm more than a little biased since I have a stake in it, but I have a couple friends who have used the APA-09 microphone that I did a little video on at http://affordableproaudio.com for pitching and outdoor shows using both a Shure and Sennheiser system, and it worked VERY well.

The mic is as durable, if not more, than anything else out there, and can be paired with pretty much any standard wireless mic system.

Keith
Author of "The Festival Entertainer" The Professional Entertainer's Guide to Booking and Working Outdoor Fairs, Festivals, and Events.
Available at http://www.howtobookfestivals.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Microphone for Pitching (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL