The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Bikes 125 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hansen
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
653 Posts

Profile of Hansen
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
They look nice. I'm getting a few decks for sure. Guess I may as well get some stingers too.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I think the "Stingers" are pretty cool! You get the advantage of the white border but they also seem to still have the optical advantage of borderless!
Hansen
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
653 Posts

Profile of Hansen
Yes, I'm rather keen on those Stingers too. Love my Bees...
awimagic
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of awimagic
Quote:
On 2009-11-21 13:10, MickeyPainless wrote:
I think the "Stingers" are pretty cool! You get the advantage of the white border but they also seem to still have the optical advantage of borderless!

I am not quite sure about that ... the white borders will cause a discontinuity of the ``texture" so any optical advantage will be lost. Though I will concede that I have never handled those cards.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
USPCC released a special set of the 125th edition- only sold on ebay. It was a wooden box, made from wood from the old factory.--"At this time, we are only selling these cards on Ebay. They are a special deck with each box like the one you see in the picture being handcrafted by a 30 year USPC veteran using the wood from the floors of the 19th century building we occupied until recently.
Thank you for your interest,
Rachel Ricketts
United States Playing Card Co.
300 Gap Way
Erlanger, KY 41018
(859) 815-7300" (got that from another site)

It was on ebay starting at 999.00. Its gone now
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Quote:
On 2009-11-23 17:24, awimagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-21 13:10, MickeyPainless wrote:

I am not quite sure about that ... the white borders will cause a discontinuity of the ``texture" so any optical advantage will be lost. Though I will concede that I have never handled those cards.

If you've seen the "Stingers" you'd get where I was coming from a bit better I think! The border fades into the back design so from what I see (both from my perspective when dealing as well as on video )you get a bit more forgiveness (?) optically! OR, maybe my eye sight has gotten so bad it's all in my mind! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Bikes 125 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL