The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2009 entrée: Cameron Francis » » A few questions from the U.K » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Muzz
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Muzz
Hi,

Just thought I'd drop you a few questions. I bought the Omega Mutation not long ago and have been chasing your material ever since, excellent stuff so thanks for sharing. Anyway, for the first time in my life I've decided to go to a Magic Convention, the "International Magic Convention" in London. I wondered if you'd ever been to this convention and whether you ever do lectures around the UK? My other question is what pulled you in the direction of close up magic rather than your aspirations originally to be a stage magician like Copperfield? Derren Brown is currently huge in the UK in the mentalism field, does this area of pure mentalism appeal to you at all?

Muzz
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Hi, Muzz!

First, thank you for the nice comments.

The only convention I've been to in the UK is Blackpool and it was a blast!

I will hopefully be in the UK in late Feb, early March... Not sure exactly. But the plan is to squeeze in a couple of lectures while I'm there.

For those of you in Germany, I am tentatively scheduled to do a tour over there in March.

As far as changing my path as a magician, not sure. I just fell in love with close up and no longer have any desire to make tigers appear in cages.

I do like performing on stage, though. But when I do, I do stuff with cards, ropes, money tricks, etc. Packs small, plays big kind of stuff.

Mentalism appeals to the actor in me. I do some "mental magic". I think in order to be a good mentalist, you've got to have some very good acting skills, even more so than a magician. I mean, as a mentalist, you're dealing with thoughts and emotions, and revealing it in ways that aren't always visual. So you've really got to draw them in and sell it with your presentation.

But I personally love magic too much to switch over completely to mentalism.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2009 entrée: Cameron Francis » » A few questions from the U.K » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL