The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » How to fix the flipper in a mirage set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

juggle
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of juggle
Sorry, I don't have much experience with coins. How do I fix a broken rubberband of the flipper coin in a Mirage set?
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
I just fixed one. You have to pop the insert out, get the old rubber band out put a new rubber band in. When you put the insert back in do it with double stick tape not super glue.

Any questions PM me.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
Sniper01
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Sniper01
Exactly as TC Ryder said, quite easy once you know what you are doing.

Did mine two weeks ago and only problem I had was with the original glue they had used when manufacturing the thing. Short of just scraping with a knife or sanding, I could not get the hard dried residue off the coin or insert. I tried nail polish remover, paint thinner, and even gasoline. Nothing would soften that residue so I could wipe it off clean, ............ so I just left it there. I was afraid the double sticky tape on top of the dried residue would put the insert too high, but it worked just fine and looks great.
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Same thing happened to me and I left the residue there. You also have to make sure all the double stick tape is not hanging over the edges or the coin will stick. Use an Exacto Knife or a razor to make sure the edges are super clean.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Thanks for the tips guys.We all have been down this road and this is helpfull.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
I always find it amazing the coin makers never put in how to change the band. lol
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 09:54, Sniper01 wrote:
Exactly as TC Ryder said, quite easy once you know what you are doing.

Did mine two weeks ago and only problem I had was with the original glue they had used when manufacturing the thing. Short of just scraping with a knife or sanding, I could not get the hard dried residue off the coin or insert. I tried nail polish remover, paint thinner, and even gasoline. Nothing would soften that residue so I could wipe it off clean, ............ so I just left it there. I was afraid the double sticky tape on top of the dried residue would put the insert too high, but it worked just fine and looks great.

Next time try "Goo gone" remover, found in any hardware or car parts store.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » How to fix the flipper in a mirage set (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL