The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magic Santa? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
aitchy
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of aitchy
Red D'lites under your christmas gloves - shine though nicely -
MadderMax
View Profile
Regular user
Venice, FL
136 Posts

Profile of MadderMax
I would like to update anyone interested in this post. I will be Santa 4 nights over the next two week-ends. I plan on using the following effects mixed in with the Santa role;
- D Lites to put the magic of Christmas from Santa's heart to the child's hand and then tell them to put it in their heart
- Magic key that moves magically in Santa's hand, this is how Santa can get to homes without chimneys to deliver the toys
- Color changing Christmas tree ball, from red to green to red, (Bizzaro's Color Changing Sponge Ball)
- Appearing candy cane to take home
I will not do every effect with every child, probably will use D Lites and of course the candy cane every time. Also we will have many groups of adults only in the waiting area which I will entertain when no children are waiting to see me. So I will be doing some walk around Santa and am deciding on a couple more effects for this. Thanks.
John Mott
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
That's a nice selection.

Quote:
On 2009-12-05 09:48, MadderMax wrote:
.....when no children are waiting to see me.

Good luck with that.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Tate
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
211 Posts

Profile of Tate
MadderMax, How did things go as Santa?

Tate
MadderMax
View Profile
Regular user
Venice, FL
136 Posts

Profile of MadderMax
Even though the restaurant advertised we didn't get too many kids. Friday and Saturday nights are typicaly mostly adults but the management wanted to try it.
It went well with the kids that showed. I did the magic sparingly in order to keep Santa as Santa. The effects went well; d'lites, magic key, jingle bell trick, and most popular was the magical water from the North Pole (instant snow).
We were busy every night but mostly adults. It is interesting how many adults don't know how to respond to Santa and a few sat right on my lap for a picture. I had fun with the adults as well.
One stunt I did was to act like a statue as adults were coming in, wait for them to stare at me for a moment to see if I was real, and then greet them with a big ho,ho,ho.
I don't think we will repeat it but it was a good experience.
John Mott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magic Santa? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL