The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IPod Touch .... Sound receptive?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
The iPod touch seems to be the ultimate weapon ... leading to the question ... is the console sound receptive??

Wulfie
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
It can record sound, but you have to purchase headphones with a built-in microphone for it to be able to sense sound.

It doesn't have a built-in microphone.

The iPhone does, however.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Mmm ... thanks Scott.
I just could not take all the hype about iPod touch anymore. I had to buy one.

My second correct choice was to buy iForce. This is magic by which all standards will be set!

WulfieSmith
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
Wulfie

You can buy a mic for $3 off ebay that works well.

I just recorded a business convention I attended and it came out fine.

IPod Touch is a fantastic device.

Gerry
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Scott Wells records all of his interviews for the Magic Newswire using his iPod Touch and a Mikey from Blue Microphone. The Mikey lists for $79 but the street prices is around $55

The Mikey has settings for different environments and also acts as a speaker for the playback of your content.

Find out more about the Mikey Here

For the purpose of full disclosure. Blue is a sponsor of my podcast, but only because I loved their project and approached them. They make amazing products.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
amedica
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amedica
You can get a small mic for the ipod touch for around 10-15 dollars sihpped on ebay. it's pretty small, but it protrudes from the headphone slot
Looking to BUY: Penomenon Writer (Black version), Ghost Cap (Porper), CAPtivated, Glass Mirage, Just a Key (Porper)
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Quote:
On 2009-12-20 21:11, amedica wrote:
You can get a small mic for the ipod touch for around 10-15 dollars sihpped on ebay. it's pretty small, but it protrudes from the headphone slot

And the sound quality is actually great from those types.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IPod Touch .... Sound receptive?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL