The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Real quick logo input (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
Hey all,

I currently tailor to the fesitval market and as such am family friendly. I am going to start leaning hard on my "PG rated Magic" as I'm Pete G. I currently have a logo of a bunny, but want to tie in the PG (as in the movie ratings), does this come off as cheesy, and is there a trademark on the PG movie rating system? Just coviering my bases here....
Jay Ward
View Profile
Veteran user
Flowery Branch, GA
328 Posts

Profile of Jay Ward
To me, if I saw your show was PG, I would think there may be some slightly blue material involved. PG is parental guidance suggested, and many PG movies have some profanity or adult situations. People looking for family-friendly entertainment would love to see Pete G.'s G-rated entertainment though I think.
MrGreggy
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MrGreggy
I agree with Jay. Implying that your show is PG will do more harm than good unless you're marketing to adult only venues (comedy clubs for instance). Festival bookers want squeaky clean shows for families, it's very important to them.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Quote:
On 2009-12-03 18:13, MrGreggy wrote:
Festival bookers want squeaky clean shows for families, it's very important to them.

Totally not true. Take a look at all the other acts that get hired including bands. Far from squeeky clean.

I know since I hire the entertainment for 4 festivals across Canada
Jay Ward
View Profile
Veteran user
Flowery Branch, GA
328 Posts

Profile of Jay Ward
I think to some degree, music has a different set of rules. Doubtful anyone would be offended that Leroy Brown is the baddest man in the whole **** town, but you put the same language into a magic show and eyebrows might be raised. A booker that might prefer a G-rated magician to a PG-rated one would probably quickly hire a band that guaranteed a PG rating. Also, Bill, I bet that festivals up your way are a little more liberated than the ones Mr. Greggy and I serve down here in the Bible Belt! You must apply the Belt curve!
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
This is true Jay lol Absolutely, know the market you are performing in. Up here, squeaky clean performers, play only to 5 and under otherwise they are eaten alive by the little 7 and 8 year old terrors lol
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Family friendly = Rated G.

Period.
leinadnallareyem
View Profile
New user
Glendora, CA
35 Posts

Profile of leinadnallareyem
When perforing for kids. My act will not include any Fire, cutting of arms, fingers or the easy haunt. No blood, hurting of animals stuffed or real. I am a stick in the mud I stand streight up and belive in my principles. We all know children mimick and are impressionable.
Poof,
Leinad
Leinad
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Family friendly = Rated 3G.
...Great Fun, Great times and Great memories Smile
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Real quick logo input (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL