The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Penguin Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
How do they offer the lowest prices, a 10% returning customer discount on top of that and then free shipping? It doesn't seem possible they could make enough money to survive.

They must have carved out a huge part of the retail business for themselves with that model.
~Joe
tltq
View Profile
Regular user
east coast
161 Posts

Profile of tltq
I think instant downloads are a big part of their business.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
The lack of a brick and mortar store probably helps a bit as well.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
The hardly keep any inventory and they are literally right next door to Murphy's (the supplier of most of the magic)
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2009-12-06 06:13, Majestic12 wrote:
The hardly keep any inventory and they are literally right next door to Murphy's (the supplier of most of the magic)

How do you know that? I ask because they have real time software that won't let you put an item into your cart if it isn't in stock. I was ordering The Hobson Egg Bag when it was released. It went right in the cart. I didn't complete the order and when I came back later and logged back in, it wouldn't let me add it as they were out.

They ship faster than any shop I've ever used.

I just don'tk now how they can offer all that and stay in business, unless they have a huge
~Joe
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Its best to sell a fast 1000 items in a day or 2 and make only $2 profit per item then to sell a slow 333 items over a week and make $6 profit per item. Yes you wil make same profit but its best to move the inventory quick and have the profits in 2 days instead of in a week. Same principal as home shopping shows like QVC where they blow out all inventory in less than an hr and keep it moving.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I guess there is more to this retail business than meets the eye.
~Joe
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-12-07 01:05, Joe Mauro wrote:
I guess there is more to this retail business than meets the eye.

You better believe it. Some of it is smoke and mirrors though, no pun.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Penguin Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL