The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best Way to Stack Sets? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nagi cpa
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of nagi cpa
Hi, I'm looking for advice on the best way to stack a set for street or walk around.

Do you like to use the same object or type of object several times, such as doing an entire coin set?

Or is it better to go "one and done" and jump, for example, from ropes to cards to coins to silks?

Or do you like to intro one object as a "helper" and then use it as a "star" on the next round? For example, start with a rope, then add a coin for coin and rope. Then drop the rope and move to coin and silk. Ditch the coin and finish with silk and ring (Just random examples).
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
There should clearly be a progression, but don't make if forced.

It is good to have a re-occurring theme, or gag. It helps, not only to unify the act, but helps to carry the audience to the end and rewards them for it.

One of the best, imho, would be Nick Nicholas' busking set. Brilliant routining, again, imho.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
nagi cpa
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of nagi cpa
Thanks GDW. I do have a few themes. I will check out Nick Nicholas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best Way to Stack Sets? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL