The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A thank you to Mark and Nani Wilson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mediamonk
View Profile
Regular user
Walla Walla
103 Posts

Profile of mediamonk
Okay, it's my 50th post, so I thought a thank you would be fitting. I know that everyone and their brother owns Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. I now have what I consider a special copy. My wife purchased a copy of the course for me from Powell's Books in Portland. It's a 1974/75 spiral bound copy. Brown leatherette binding and everything. In excellent condition, even has an order form in the inside cover. Anyway, I wanted to know the history and so e-mailed Mark through his website. Less than 24 hours later I had a response from Nani with the information that I asked for. It's great to know that even those that are huge names in the business have time to answer questions from us "little guys."

Thanks a bunch

Stephen
"There are two ways of living life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is." -Albert Einstein
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Stephen

That sounds like a great volume your wife found. Congratulations! Mark Wilson is definitely one of the Greats.

Keep your eyes opened and you’ll see a few “big names” posting here at the Café.

Welcome to the party!

Don
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
Yep, Nani Wilson is a class act. It a great credit to the world of magic that these big names take the time to help out people just getting started in the world of magic.

Do you live in Portland? If so, do you know about the Portland Society of Magicians? I can PM you the info if you are interested.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Mark and Nani are two of the nicest folks you could ever meet. If you ever get a chance to get to the Magic Castle or to one of Mark's lectures don't miss it. Mark and Nani are at the Castle a lot teaching magic to beginners. In addition don't miss out on Mark's Magic University, a video course on your computer available through Hocus Pocus Magic shop on the net.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
ldrosenblum
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
103 Posts

Profile of ldrosenblum
Coincidentally, I'll be meeting Mark tonight at the Magic Castle. I've been taking classes there from Dave Thurson, and Mark will be coming to tonight's class to tell us about what he'll be covering in his upcoming 'Magic 3' course. Looking forward to it!
Check out my new book on our 'perceptual superpowers': www.LawrenceRosenblum.com . It discusses new research on the psychology of misdirection and the neuroplasticity behind expert motor skills.
mediamonk
View Profile
Regular user
Walla Walla
103 Posts

Profile of mediamonk
Scaevola, I was born and raised in Portland, but currently live in Walla Walla, WA.

Id, that must be the lecture Nani told me Mark was preparing for. Have fun!
"There are two ways of living life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is." -Albert Einstein
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Great folks! A real credit to the profession!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Both Mark and Nani are GREAT folks. But even by REALLY nice standards Nani Wilson shines. Without question one of the classiest ladies in magic. Best,
Brad Burt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A thank you to Mark and Nani Wilson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL