The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wolf's Magic Sneeker Tweeker - User feedback (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stevezany
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of stevezany
Hi,

Chance's new product is a beautiful piece of workmanship. I've had mine now for a few weeks and am very eager to put it into my show. Currently, I'm still in practice mode and fine tuning a routine.

Regarding the handling of the unit, so far I've discovered you also can use your elbow to initiate the first 'switch' rather than using the buffing wheel. That method also ensures the buffing wheel continues to spin during the entire buffing sequence.

I'm also likely going to replace the burnt shoe that comes with the unit and use a smaller burnt sneeker to really emphasize that the shoe is burnt to a crisp.

I've also been noting that many of the sneekers kids wear these days are black. So, if my only option is to use a black sneeker from the audience, I believe it might be good to ensure that, when the sneeker burns, it's very apparent to those sitting at a far distance that the shoe has also visually shriveled up as a result of being burnt.

I'm wondering if any Sneeker Tweeker owners have any feedback they're willing to share about their experience with the effect?

The trick has so much potential, on a variety of levels.

Thanks much.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Ahoy Steve! I also chose not to use Chance's suggested method. But I've found it very straightforward to use my fingers to make the change happen. I hold the buffer pretty much as Chance does, but I hold my hands over the back of the unit.
A good firm action does the job 100%. I plan to use a lot of smoke - as much as the smoke pot will take. You probably realise that you can't cover the actual glowplug completely, or there's no oxygen to let the stuff ignite.
To make the shoe look more burned, you could add some white to the burnt shoe - badly burned stuff eventually turns to white ash.
I've lots of public shows next year, and hoping the Sneeker Tweeker will be a big winner - watch this space Smile
sobrien
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of sobrien
OK so now that I am the owner of this on the DVD Chance states maybe some of us might even share our thoughts / ideas on the Café. I have only had mine for (1) week and still thinking, however I would love to hear from anyone else and there ideas.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I have a custom wood shoe box with several shoes and brown bags in it. I have one snow boot, one high heel sequin "princess" shoe, one Japanese slipper (matted), and one rubber "elf or clown" shoe. When none of these fit the kid (after his shoe burns - I pick a boy so I can fit him with the plastic princess shoe) I give him a paper bag, have him hobble back to his seat, and give him a round of applause. Then I argue that perhaps some wuffle dust polish (with the brush) and some magic words could do the trick, call the beleaguered boy back up, and produce his shoe. If anyone wants some 5 or 6 year-old lightly used shoes from my daughter (now 7), let me know . . . We need to get rid of more of them, and I'll sell a set of "one ofs" cheap.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Nice. Hehehe Reminds me of when I was burning my shoe in the backyard in prep for performance. I just moved into a new townhouse and I finally get the thing engulfed in flames. This thing is billowing smoke and I am laughing senseless. Just then my new neighbors decide to pull up. Hehehe Try explaining why you are burning a young kid’s shoe in the backyard and laughing about it. Lol

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I also have a box with various replacement "shoes"..."you'll be jelly pleased with this new shoe"....jelly shoe...."oooh! perhaps you'd prefer some pirate booty?"....pink kid's boot with flowers on....."you'll go flippin' crazy for this"....swimming flipper, etc. This section is where I add a lot of comedy and business before revealing the restored shoe.
Potty Smile
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Like the flipper idea Potty. Gotta look for my daughter's old swim fins. . .
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I just got mine. Very user friendly, and I love the fact that it is self contained and you don't need an assistant. I love the idea of having several shoes to offer the kid, I will have to start collecting a few. I will try to put this into my summer camp shows. If it makes it, I will be performing it about 100 times this summer, and I should have plenty to post.

ACE
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
ACE: Did it make it into your summer show this year?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wolf's Magic Sneeker Tweeker - User feedback (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL