The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » ATA Case question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Who ever the "Case Lady" is .. she knows what shes talking about. The design of the case is very important, especially with illusions. Balance is everything on a narrow case.

Do you have a website? I'm sure others would like to check out your work. Just trying to help out ...

Steve
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Well the casters could be mounted on a "caster board" attached to the case. It could be wider depending on the load and center of gravity.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
For the record...cases of 'almost' any weight, the casters should always be mounted on caster boards for two main reasons.

First, if the caster should somehow get ripped away, it is only tearing from the board and not the case. Second, the weight and pressure point is spread out along the board, instead of just the four bolts holding it to the case.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
We have a thin big heavy case that slides right into a dolly type of thing. This means the wheels are NOT at all attached to the case and if a wheel is ripped off then you just have to repair the dolly. Also it has a lip on all 4 sides that prevent it from tipping over. Makes it even better when all these aspects come into play. The dolly direction eliminates all these issue and more.

Best,
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
I just had a great experience with Innerspace Cases. Good product, and price!
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I like Clydsdale's Cases and ABS.

I have around 5 cases forsale if anyone is interested! Please PM ASAP!
JimmyH
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of JimmyH
You can always search craigslist or ebay....you can find some quality used cases at these sites
Rich Hill
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, Indiana USA
166 Posts

Profile of Rich Hill
Jack Murray's cases at Dream Illusions are an outstanding value. Great quality, and the price is right. We've been using Jack's cases now for several years.
Rich Hill
<BR>www.richhillsillusionshop.com
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Ive always gone the cheap route for cases...they get beat up anyway. Theres a seller on ebay "avforsale" that sells small and large cases for pennies on the dollar. Most you will have to do is refoam the inside to suit your prop...very simple to do. I got 3 cases that would have cost me around 1800.00 new for 225.00 used in great condition. And most of that cost was shipping.

Just a suggestion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » ATA Case question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL