The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Qvc squirmle - magic worm pitch video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.......cid.crtr

Watch the video to see Carl pitch the worm. I found out about this because I had a spike in sales on my website for these. I've pitched them before, but in my opinion I think it is a dead item for the most part, especially on the West Coast. I have a couple cases left and plan to never sell these things again if I can help it, or have someone else pitch them for me. My main item is the floating card which I get 20 for and can do much bigger numbers with and better margins.

Off to go pitch at a gun show, last vendor show of the year!
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Will,
I promise the Squirmel is anything but DEAD...east coast west coast and all the space in between.

Carl's sister worked several fairs on the west coast and did big numbers all summer.You would think they were telephone numbers rather than gross counts.

I'm not sure what you are doing but the big money is still very much out there.

The Israeli's in Vegas( where you live) have several kiosk's in malls there and were ordering 10,000 a month from Carl.They did so good they now bring their own in from China and still going strong.

Twenty for the flying card is way too much to the point its ripping off the kids.Just because Genio gets $20 dosen't mean its right.I wonder how many kids the flying card at $20 drove them out of magic? I have to sleep at night,ask Gary Darwin...

that's the facts....

Later,Don
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
I have done very well with the Magic Worms this year, no complaints. Even kids that bought one from me last year needed replacements!

I think the type of venue can make a big difference. The worms do well at fairs, sidewalk festivals, Xmas Bazaars, anyplace there are lots of younger kids. The Svengali Decks are very good for older kids, teens and adults, ditto the Money Paddles.

Will, if you're off to a gun show, I hope you took the decks instead of the worms! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
I can't see these things as dead, as I'm seeing these worms invade not only Walmart, but Toys R US. Shoot, I even see employees of TRUS trying to pitch them.

My only problem is the price they are offering them for...

Thanks for sharing the vid...nice handling on there.
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Carl's sister is pitching at Toys Are Us in Time Square.Its the fastest moving item in the store.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Ya, that's where I saw them.....

Shoot they use to pitch magic really big there, but it seems they tore that down
or minimized it. As soon as you walk in the door they have the squrimal pitch
right there on the spot....I can only imagine what type fo volume they will be
pushing out as that store is mobbed. I wish I had that pitch Smile

BTW, a guy at my day job mentioned to me how him and his friend bought 4 from
the NY state fair...

So these things do move...
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
I did very well with the worms this year....there is a lot of money to be made with them outthere. The worms are not dead., you just have to pitch them at the right venue.

ROD
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Is the floating card and the hummer card the same effect?
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
They are one of the same.The kid gets a piece of I.T. and a card that he can NEVER do it because its too hard.So getting $20.00 for it,you might as well stick a gun in the kids face and take his money.

Later,Don
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
I had considered including a piece of IT with the Magic Worms, and finally decided against it. Most kids do not have the patience or the dexterity to handle IT properly, and they seem very satisfied with the original clear monofil gimmick just as it is.

But I also include with my instruction sheet a paragraph that explain how to substitute a "fine black thread" for the monofil gimmick once you learn the moves; that also protects me from any beefs about using a worker. SETH
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Thanks for the help. I thought about selling the floating card to change things up at the local fleas I set up at. If I decide to sell the floating card I will price them around $6.00 a piece. Have a great Christmas everybody and a happy new year.
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
In the previsious post I said I would sell the floating card for $6.00 I miss spoke I would sell it for around $10.00.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I believe $6.00 each two for $10.00 is as much as you should go for the floating card.Even at this price I think you are still ripping off the kids.(remember at $6.00 each 2 for $10.00 they still won't be able to do it)

Somethings should be left for magicians.

Later,Don
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I agree with you Don. If I buy them wholesale they cost around $5.00 each so I would proably sell them for $10.00 but if I made them up myself I would sell them for around $6.00 each. During the winter I set up at a few indoor flea markets and thought I would offer something different by the time I have been in the same flea 3 times in 3 months I feel like a new item may sell a little better. As far as kids not being able to do the trick I agree but I also think the kids can't work the Svengali deck either but they still sell and that is the name of the game.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I disagree Hacker.Kids CAN do the Svengali deck.They get something for their money.With the floating card they get almost nothing.Like I just said,it should be left for magicians.Even thou it demos great,I don't believe it should be pitched to the general plubic.

Later,Don
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Hacker -- if you want to try pitching something different, consider a Money Paddle. This is a Miser's Dream effect that's done with a Paddle Move. This is something the kids can do if they practice it for five minutes.

The Money Paddle is very inexpensive to stock, packs small and demos well. It resets in a flash, looks impressive, comes with good instructions, and can be sold for $5. Robbins carries them, click HERE for more info. While the paddle is not nearly as strong as the Svengali Deck or the Magic Worms, it is still a fairly good seller, in my experience.

Also, if you've been working the same flea for the past three months, what you may need is a new flea, in addition to a new trick! SETH
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Thanks for all of the help and ideas guys. I agree I need some more fleas to work but there isn't anymore in my area I am driving 2 hours right now to get to some of the fleas I work. I guess I will give the ideal of pitching the floating card up. After I posted my last post last night I tought about it some more and Don is right the floating card looks great but should be left to magician because you basically get nothing for the money. I don't care to make money I just don't want to be ripping people off it took me a little while to see Don's point but I get it now. I guess I should take a break until the spring and start back with fairs and boat shows etc pitching the Svengali and worm. Thanks again and Happy Holidays
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
The "Floating Card" that I pitch is actually my "Float This! DVD w/ gimmick" http://www.floatthis.com. It is a great value for 20 and the 80 minute DVDs shows them how to learn it. (ages 10 and up) A lot of kids who work at the fairs who buy it from me are able to do it the next day. Darwin was a consultant on my DVD, and I have almost a 100% no return rate.

I also do a package deal at $25 for the deck, thumb tip, and a float this DVD. My goal is to do at least a 1000 a day when I work, so that is only 40 sales, and a good value for the mark. If you bought those items at Houdini’s it would be over $70.

As far as the worm goes, I have yet to see someone in person do big numbers with it. I worked a lot of the big fairs on the west coast and I had friends at the other ones and I heard of no one doing well with the worm, in fact one vendor doing the worm at the LA County fair left. I guess if you have an in and are Carl's sister it is worth it to pitch it.

BTW (from what I hear) most of the Israeli’s selling the worms (and other products) in Vegas and other malls are illegal’s and draft dodgers. In other words very cheap labor. Talk to some of the vendors at the malls and they will tell you the stories.

Right now I have put the magic pitch on the back burner to focus on a new toy that is a hot seller now, if you are not working the west coast and want to know what is you can PM me.

I want to thank Don for his DVD on the deck, it got me back into the pitch game and has been very profitable for me in this down economy. Thanks again Don and Happy Holidays to all!
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
The flosting card is still a rip-off.
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
Yes, it is the way Geno sells it, if you see my pitch and my product you may have a different opinion. Ask Gene Haaheim for a reference. I have sold 1000's and have had others sell 1000's and people are happy with it. I get a good amount of thank you notes for selling it to them, and they end buying my other products later on.

"Kids can learn it right away, adults it takes a little more practice!"

BTW - I tell them straight out if they want something they can do right away I can teach them the Svengali Deck, which I sell for $10 by itself. Lesson included if I'm not busy. The Float This will take them practice.

It is not a rip off. It is one of the most amazing effects in magic and well worth $25 especially when combined with a TT and a deck and my DVD.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Qvc squirmle - magic worm pitch video (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL