The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Charlotte Pendragon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
She's going through a Metamorphisis.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I was just about to post "no metamorphosis jokes yet?", but nevermind.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Troy in Las Vegas
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Troy in Las Vegas
Regardless of how she did at Daytona I for one am looking forward to her as a HUGE scene in the near future. There is not very many really good working female magicians out there and the door is WIDE open for her to take the top spot.
I can not imagine how hard that must have been to go from the act and partner she had been working with for 30 years to doing it on her own. I guess it must have felt like the first time on stage right? Do you active performers remember the first time you were on stage? Pretty scary I bet for the majority of you. But from what I hear from word of mouth she pulled it off.
Whether she takes her career in the direction of touring or a residant show somewhere, sometime soon people are going to get over the fact that she is now a solo act and will rise to the top all ALL magicians.
The Pendragons rocked the half dozen times I saw them perform together. Rest assured as soon as she announces dates in Las Vegas or Laughlin or someplace close, I am going to be the first in line for tickets.
MrGem
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of MrGem
Regardless how good she did? A very good source tells me she received a standing ovation in Daytona Beach. Nuff said! Despite the speculation by posters on this board that she might have performed less than well...well, a standing ovation along with strong applause means one thing: the audience is pleased.

I am attaching a review I found on the link provided above.

"Charlotte's physical illusions never disappoint. She did her classic Hindu Basket, in which she descends into a tiny wicker basket, then David Miller, Nancy Troia, and Kristi Toguchi take turns thrusting swords into it from all directions, and ultimately, David Miller jumps in with both feet to show she isn't there at all, only to have her rise up from the same basket seconds later! She levitates herself in the lotus position in what seems to be an impossible fashion from a pile of cushions, she performs the sawing-in-half illusion on her assistant in full view of the audience in a clear box (!), and she finishes up with the classic "Metamorphosis" illusion, in which she stands on a trunk, holds up a drape, and instantly changes places with her assistant Kristi who has been locked away inside of the trunk! When the trunk is opened seconds later, Charlotte appears in a completely different costume!" HELICE

As far as the other performers in her show - an aerialist and acrobat team was the high lights! There was a mentalist from England or Scotland or somewhere. My friend told me he speaks too fast and no one can understand him. It was one of his first shows and needs work.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
You are correct ... The Mentalist must go.(Confusion is not Magic) As far as the aerialist and acrobat team, bringing them to within an hour of Orlando was a mistake. Most in the audience have seen Cirque and all of the other Central Florida shows many times. Unfortunately these performers were not quite to that level. They may work elsewhere.

My wife did not like the show ....

I don't know Charlotte, but I'd love to help her in her career.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
MagicErik
View Profile
Loyal user
Sneek, Netherlands
284 Posts

Profile of MagicErik
Whatever... I feel sorry for both of them. For me Jonathan will always be one of the best illusionists ever. And Charlotte is for me the best female magician. She has done magic before. They were a great act together. And now they are forced to go their own way. It will take a while before Charlotte has grown into her new role. The always worked as a team, and now she is on her own and has to carry the role as magician completely by herself. I have no doubt that in one or two years she will ´kill audiences´ with her own performance. I hope it get´s a littlebit positive as well for Jonathan..
EVI
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I really don't care for big box illusion magic but, as I watched the Pendragon's 4 DVD set, I was in awe of both Charlotte and Johnathan. Especially of Charlotte and the part she played in each illusion. From both of them: The athleticism, suppleness, strength, timing, coordination and dexterity coupled with the creativity and thought processes that goes into these types of illusions gave me a new respect for this type of magic. I still don't like watching this type of magic but now I can appreciate the tremendous amount of work and skill that goes into any of these illusions.

I wish both of them the best, hope they each heal, find happiness and that each can once again enjoy the thrills and joy that is life.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Quote:
On 2009-12-23 12:46, Char Pendragon wrote:
LOL! Most of you need to get a life.... I must say I do admire all the attention, both good and bad! Smile Happy Mithras..I hope you are all worshipping the right God!

I am 100% with you, Char. Bless your sense of humor and good spirit. You are a true class act and I would be proud to be on the same bill as you anytime!

You hear of the terms old wives tales and gossipy women? This thread is evidence of the contrary [with a couple of notable exceptions]! Many here will never experience how hard and totally consuming it is to constantly be in the spotlight and under a microscope. I think you have pulled off the impossible with pure talent and grace.

I am very proud of you, Char!

Let's all go on with our lives and get back to positive thoughts, good words, good karma, and creating more magic!
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Quote:
On 2009-12-23 12:29, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:
Charlotte is a great lady and has proved she can succeed at anything she attempts, but she’s not just getting an act together, she’s looking at the break-up of a very long marriage and professional relationship, handling debts from that, and creating a new life and self-identity.

So please cut her some slack, after all how many balls can one person keep in the air, no matter how good they are at juggling what life tosses at them???

The Pendragons have had a very rough time professionally and personally over the past few years. Wonderful originals and true lovers of magic as an art, but hit with bad juju all around.

I agree, once you open yourself up to the greater magic community, especially in these days of the internet, you’re going to get slammed as well as praised. They used to say “paper stands still for anyone to write on” well, it appears doubly true that “a keyboard stands still for everyone to type on”.

I offer Charlotte my support and kudos for her courage, creativity, and tenacity, and frankly would like to see this Magic Café thread vanish for a few years, until things have quieted down and evened out and we see the happy endings.

The Pendragons are the stuff of magic legend, now separately as Charlotte and Jonathan they will keep on keeping on to reinvent those legends, I have no doubt.

Please also remember that the Magic Café posts are public and can/will be googled, what we write here may be seen by potential agents, bookers, and clients, so be kind and fair as what we write and who we are is judged as well.

There are many who care, and many of those who care come from rich theatre backgrounds as well, and I am sure will give advice and assistance when and if requested. Let’s extend the peace and good (magical) will of the holiday season to Charlotte.

My two-cents,
Walt

Walt is dead on. Those who criticize are usually those who have nothing else. Go find it, it isn't here.
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
266 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
They work so well together. However, nothing lasts forever. We sometimes have to move on. It would be great to see them reunite but it seems unlikely. So I wish them good luck in their future projects. Cheers!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Charlotte Pendragon (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL