The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Flotating Rose (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Dear all,

I m trying to do Kevin James's floating rose. May I ask which is the best fake rose to use for practising? As I saw lots of these products in magic dealer like Simplex Floating Rose, Appear Rose, Adairs Jumping Rose, torch to rose.

What I would like is one that is not too expensive that perhaps can give away as a souvenir too. Please recommand.

Thanks
Bob
Best Regards,

Bob
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Your question does not make sense, 'trying to do' implys you have the effect that Kevin sells on his web site and by dealers. If you have the video instruction, you should know it is a rose made from napkin paper, not anything you purchase. Check YouTube for a performance or go here and by the product: http://www.kjmagic.com/catalog/books_dvds.html
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Apology to my bad English. I bought the DVD and the thread comes with it. I saw the updated DVD that Kevin mentioned about the roses and handling of it. Just that he said he always have a few fake roses in his suitcase incase he can't find a florist.

What I mean is the fake rose becasue I couldn't find it on his site. I can only see the dispenser that I also need.
Best Regards,

Bob
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
What I mean by "try to do" is that I want to get the fake rose for practising purpose so I can start off.
Best Regards,

Bob
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Oh, I see you mean an imitation rose for the finale production. Go to any craft shop and they sell very nice realistic roses that are used in artificial flower arrangements. The ones they make to day are excellent and can pass for the real thing.

Previously, as you know from the instructions, by napkin I mean F**** Paper.
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Sorry and thanks very much for the correction, imitation is the work for it!

Many thanks
Best Regards,

Bob
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Yes craft shop roses work best, they are usually better made, but you can find whole bouquets of roses at the dollar store sometimes that are not too bad.

Take some hot glue and hot glue (or super glue) the head of the rose on to the stem... The cheaper dollar store ones tend to fall off if your quick from your pocket with it. I had this problem but not anymore since I started gluing them.

I only do this occasionally, but its a great effect.

For real shows, always use a real live rose if you can,and give it out to the volenteer.

Steven
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
For a "real" show..."

Steven, what do you call a real show ? Are some of them unreal ? (LOL)

Oliver.
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Oliver,

I think the poster wanted a fake rose for practice. I meant for a real show in front of a real audience, you should use a real rose.

Haha your right sounds funny... For the record, I practice many fake shows in front of fake audiences in my rehearsal room, and the whole audience there thinks I'm just fantastic.

but I think most knew what I meant... To me its very classy producing a real rose and handing it out to a woman in the audience.

Steven
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Steven,

Of course I agree with you. It just sounded funny the way you wrote it.

Oliver.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Flotating Rose (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL