The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tricks with a mini wand? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LoyaLover
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of LoyaLover
What are some practical tricks that is done with a wand? Something that doesn't take up too much pocket space?
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Using the mini-wand with a set of mini cups?

Depending on how small the wand is, one could use Williamson's Strike Vanish still, or if it is really small (just larger than a tooth pick) you could use it as a sight gag, when performing cards or coins.

Processing out loud.

RevJohn
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
If the size suits, use it for manipulation instead of a cigarrette.

It will open you up to a wide range of gags and one-liners.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
LoyaLover
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of LoyaLover
Hmmmmmmm that's a good idea. Cigarette + wand. What it the wand actually produces smoke! Woots!
D Walker
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of D Walker
Check out Recap by Gregory Wilson from "Off the Cuff". It's more of a routine with a small pen, but the moves could be adapted easily.
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
Kennedy's Stir Fry?
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Wand and Pin, simple-visual penetration.
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have used chop sticks for years as wands with good reception. The key for me is giving the off-hand something to do and giving a 'hands off' feel to many effects. So, I guess that is 'using a small wand'. When I do C&B with teacups I use the wand to lift the cup by the handle.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Bob Read had a similar cup handle on wand idea (but not with a mini wand) and would do it with the wand under the armpit but without anyone realizing it even though it was done in full view and was thus making one of the cups disappear for a couple of second.

It's in his penultimate C&Bs.

Is the mini wand really a good idea? Seen from the audience's point of view, isn't the wand a symbol of the magician's power: making it small has always seemed odd to me.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On 2010-01-15 13:09, Lawrence O wrote:
Is the mini wand really a good idea? Seen from the audience's point of view, isn't the wand a symbol of the magician's power: making it small has always seemed odd to me.

when you're poor you use whatever you can get. ;-) In Medieval settings I used a small dagger with an antler handle. It ws so powerful someone stole it. I've always thought of a wand as a power focusing tool, so size doesn' tmatter. As staff, on the other hand ...

One of my staffs is from a limb of a 1000 yr old Redwood and people ask permission to touch it -- so I never use it when performing, but allow a spectator to hold it for me. Oh, the stories they tell of the magic I do.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tricks with a mini wand? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL