The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » GM not at audition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stevepowell
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of stevepowell
Last night I had an audition at Applebees. The GM and I had arranged this on Monday. I was quite surpriseed that she was not there when I showed up. I introduced myself to the manager on duty and did my thing and left. But the more I think about this, the more I wonder if she was blowing me off or if she trusts her staff enough for feedback. Has this or something similar ever happened to any of you guys? Thanks in advance.

Steve
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Don't overthink it. Yes, it could have ben a blow off but it also could have been that she had a family emergency or any number of other things came up. I think in any business meeting like that a call would have been nice but sometimes things happen that we can't control. Did the manager seem to enjoy it? Will the manager get to make the call on whether you're there then or are you going to have to find some time again for the gm? Let us know how it goes.
Eddie Ivan Torres
stevepowell
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of stevepowell
It was actually an audition working tables so the GM can make a decision based on employee feedback. Its really not a major thing, just really surprised me that she wasnt there, since the day and time was her idea.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I agree with Eddie. Something might have come up that prevented them from being there. Yes, they should have called and let you know that plans had changed but, again, it could have been a last minute emergency that took priority.

I'm sure that the GM has confidence in their staff, and the manager on duty. If not, they wouldn't be there. Could be, they'll call you back for some work based on their feedback. Then, after the GM sees how things go, can make another decision as to whether you stay long term or not.

Good luck!

Mark. Smile
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
At a restaurant I worked at for years the exact same thing happened and it worked to my advantage. After the manager heard I'd be there he was trying to talk the owner out of it. He thought it would be a disaster. When I showed up and the owner wasn't there I decided to perform anyway. At the end of the night the manager told me he was trying to discourage the owner from having me, but after seeing me he would recommend me. What better plug can you get than a converted manager?
stevepowell
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of stevepowell
I guess I was over-thinking it. I just got off the phone w/ the manager from Applebees and I will be there every thursday for 2 hours. Again, many, many thanks to all of you here at the Café.

Steve
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Nice going, man!
Eddie Ivan Torres
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
AWESOME! Love to hear about success stories...especially during the first of the year when MANY restaurants try and "cut back."

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
stevepowell
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of stevepowell
Now that Chris mentions it, I have been hearing a lot of check back in a few months from several GM's around. I guess I just got the right GMs at Outback and Applebees. Now I just need to keep the gigs.

Steve
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Way to go Steve! Great job!!!

Mark.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Steve:
Congratulations, Applebees use to be a very nice place to work.
My best,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Hansel...

You make it sound like you no longer perform there. What happened?
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Lyle:
In Puerto Rico we have only 2 Applebees,and they are too far one from another.
The one that opens near me use to be very busy at the start, and I work here only the first two weeks...Next the restaurant slow very significantly his traffic and well...they offer some " Not to good negociations " to me ( I hope you understand ) and I refuse.
Any way is a good place, with nice enviroment to do magic.
Your friend,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » GM not at audition (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL