The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2002 entrée: Mark Strivings » » Nail & Boon Writers » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

Profile of davekilpatrick
I know about nail and boon writers but haven't used any yet. There are several options on the market—pencil and ink based. What can you say about specific products for someone like me who wants to take the plunge into this type of method?
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
290 Posts

Profile of Mark Strivings
Quote:
On 2002-04-04 14:04, davekilpatrick wrote:
I know about nail and boon writers but haven't used any yet. There are several options on the market—pencil and ink based. What can you say about specific products for someone like me who wants to take the plunge into this type of method?

Hi Dave,

Excellent question. All I can do is speak from my own experience. There are some excellent secret writers available. Some of you may know that I'm a strong proponent of pocket writing, but that's another topic. The reason I bring this up is because there are those who think I ONLY use PW. Not true. I'm really an huge proponent of EVERY tool that is available. Each has its own place and time.

When it comes to secret writers like nail writers and the like, I have two personal favorites. I really like the boon writer made by Jerry Somerdin. It's not just a converted thumbtack but a specifically manufactured device made to do what it's supposed to. Of all the boon type writers I've tried and seen, it's by far the best.

About a year ago an absolutely revolutionary secret writer was introduced by Greg Edmonds called the RTW - Retractable Thumb Writer. It's a thumb tip writer, but with a critical difference. The lead can be retracted and stored inside the thumbtip. May not seem like a big deal unless you've ever gone for your secret writer only to find that the lead has broken! It's virtually impossible to break the lead on this. It has become my personal 'day-in, day'out', keep it in the pocket at all times, have it with me everywhere I go secret writer.

As you can tell, I like it.

There's an entire chapter in Corinda on secret writers and it covers the gamut. Check it out for a complete education on this devious little device. It's WELL worth your time.

Mark
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

Thanks Mark!
Rob Wallis
View Profile
New user
The Other California
73 Posts

Profile of Rob Wallis
For what it's worth, I second the recommendation of the Somerdin Boon Writer. I got it for Christmas and it never fails me!
Tig Wallis
The Comic Psychic
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

Where can I get it? If I buy a prop called "Boon Writer," how do I know if it's the Somerdin version?
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
290 Posts

Profile of Mark Strivings
Quote:
On 2002-04-06 01:19, davekilpatrick wrote:
Where can I get it? If I buy a prop called "Boon Writer," how do I know if it's the Somerdin version?

You'd have to ask to be sure. I hate to go commercial on you here, but it's the only boon writer I carry as part of my business. If your favorite dealer doesn't have it, let me know and I can supply. Same goes for the Retractable Thumb Writer.

Mark
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
Rob Wallis
View Profile
New user
The Other California
73 Posts

Profile of Rob Wallis
If it's ANY help at all, mine was marketed as the "Deluxe Boon Writer"
Tig Wallis
The Comic Psychic
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

I've just finished reading the section on Swami/Boon writers in Corinda's "13 Steps." I am eager to give it a try.

Thanks for the tip, Mark.
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
If you can find it, there is a book called "A Boon For All Seasons" which is very good. I can't recall the author's name off hand.
Best regards,
Tony Razzano
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Quote:
Tony wrote:
If you can find it, there is a book called "A Boon For All Seasons" which is very good. I can't recall the author's name off hand.

"A Boon for all Seasons" is by Eric Mason and Barrie Richardson (which should tell you something about its quality).

... Doug
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2002 entrée: Mark Strivings » » Nail & Boon Writers » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL