The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Wisdom of the Magi » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Are you considering creating a text section, related to specific topics? A collection from the Magic Cafe? Have you considered enhancing the Magic Cafe by offering focused topics/ (Weed through the messages and only present the "best of the best.") In the next week, you will have 30 thousand messages! You can't really expect anyone to read all of them!

There are so many good topics spread out in numerous posts. A lot of good stuff is not even viewed because it is five levels deep.

A good editor could take a section, such as Penny for your thoughts, and create a summation of the many things that were said. There are also other related topics spread in other areas.

There are great links to a lot of wonderful places but they are spread out all over the place, down so far, many have been forgotten.

I think you get the picture. Instead of hunting, searching, and pecking for a subject, topic or skill, a seperate section of the website could lists these items.

An an example: Check out A Collection of Wisdom

Magically,
Den
Dennis Michael
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Den,
I understand what you are saying, I really do. I guess I have a few answers for you regarding this.

We do our very best here to stay on top of matters at the Cafe, handle everyones problems, fix and improve features, deal with any possible trouble makers, correct grammar and spelling, etc. This makes for a lot of long hours. Smile

We do this for you, the Cafe member as a free service, and try our best to please everybody concerned.
While the idea of a collection of important sections taken from the Cafe and grouped is a good one, it is not something that neither I or my staff currently have the time to do properly.

After all, what you feel is important, and what another member may feel about that subject is very subjective. Smile
Please know that I am (slowly) working on a similar idea, but presented a little differently. I am confident that you will find it to your liking.

In the meantime, reading through the thousands of posts here at the Cafe is really half the fun I think. Especially for newer members. It's like; "What hidden treasures will I find today?".
Smile Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Wisdom of the Magi » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL