The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » AGT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
...or talent.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
To be fair, I've seen some very talented acts on there, as well as some that, while not household names, are pretty well established. They were not singers, tho, so they had no chance in hell of winning.

The problem is, the only reason they want people like us is for cannon fodder, and what little exposure we may get doesn't translate into "increasing your buisness and potential contracts with just one performance!" That's a sucker pitch.

Do we really want to pack up all our gear and costumes, travel, spend several 10+ hour days (if we're lucky) giving them material we've spent years creating and honing, all for the chance to be on tv for 1 - 2 seconds? Or at *best* dismissively judged by a panel who's mission statement is to get a singing act for a Vegas showroom.

Listen to the 5/27/09 ep. of Conjurers, Carnies & Collectors to hear Chris McDaniels' tell the story of his AGT experience.

Chris is not only *very* talented and has a pretty impressive resume, he's also one of the nicest gentlemen you could hope to meet.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
The most important thing I learned from Tyree's emails is that "!" can be used in place of "you @55h0le".

Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Even better: "We're looking for variety acts to use as cannon fodder and laughing stocks for our judges to get their jollies with as we search for the next desperate unknown singer with little or no stage time."

Has a nice ring to it.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Stephon, would you mind terribly if I copy & pasted your reply? The AGT guys are pestering me as well. I have received 4 mails iin the past month and would like to send them a message. You know, if we ALL were on the same page with our replies, maybe........
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Listen guys, you are fighting a losing battle. They don't care about us and never will. It's music acts that have won every year, except for Terry Fator (and he did vent impersonations of famous singers).

So, if yu can't beat them...join them. The only way to win is to sing "If I Had a Hammer" while doing Blockhead or "I've Got You Under My Skin" while doing Human Pincushion.

Nipps, you could be a contender if you lifted a male sibling from your teets while singing, "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother"

Listen to the Professor. I know.

Todd

And if any of you do take this advise, and happen to win the thing, you owe me 10 percent.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

I could do onstage blacksmithing and sing "Bend Me, Shape Me"....
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Todd, tongue-in-cheekiness aside, my only goal was to see how they would respond; I don't expect that AGT is going to change any of their methods, or start spell checking their emails.

Now, I just want the information to be out there, so anyone who considers auditioning goes in with full disclosure.

Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Oh, and Nipps--feel free. Or you could do what Charon Henning did and tell them "AGT is the worst thing to happen to the variety arts in the last century. Please do not ever ever contact me again"

They send an email back apologizing for upsetting her.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » AGT (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL