The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Godfather's "Coin Thru Hankey" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Vinny's ALL ACCESS monthly offerings have proved to be a treasure-trove of beautiful close-up magic. Every month over the past year he has come out with a new and wonderful effect, this month it is his Coin Thru Hankey. As always, Vinny gives his own twists on things and makes them more than they ever were. Check it out on his website, you'll be glad you did. Great magic from a great guy. Smile

http://vinnymarini.com/download/sub.html
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
As always, I thank you Marion for your support.
Mike the "Turk" Sturgeon put up a very interesting post on this effect in another section " tricks,,,,,
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
I saw this not too long ago, and I agree it's a nice take on an old plot!
Good work
evikshin
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
I went to Vinny's site and viewed several of his video's. Very well done Vinny!

Craig
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Thanks craig
Evikshin is correct it is a old plot but this technique can be added to any coin and hanky routine
vinny
Come check out my magic.

evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Don't get me wrong, the plot may be old but I really like ur fresh take on it! That's all that matters, that and the fact that the effect looks nice

good stuff
evik
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Vinny,

I like yout take even better than Al Schneider's which means that you came up again with something really valuable. One small critic though. The silk you chose is too elegant and its colorfully contrasted presence, except for the black center, brings some confusion into the effect. I think that the effect would stick out better with a silk having a more neutral or "blurred" pattern (and if it has a black center then even better).

Now this comment means that the excellent magic deserves sticking out better. One small tip here, when I use the vanish, clipping the coin as it is put into the silk, I manage to lift my pinky and ring finger for the spectators to casually flash the coin under the hand. Then naturally the thumb and first fingers having deposited the coin in the silk, the other fingers move down as the hand moves out of the way in a relaxed slightly curled position. It's not at all a big difference, but a nice little subtlety making the Clip Vanish a ROV one with not break in the rhythm.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
That looked really nice...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Next month I will unleash one of my favorite effects
" The Aero Force"
no crimps ,no breaks , the spectator touches any card no forcing the card yet, I predetermine the selected card,
this is 1000 percent effective in the real world
vinny
Come check out my magic.

John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Looks very nice.
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Yes John, I agree with you

John
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
Have you seen expansion of texture? May give you inspiration.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Godfather's "Coin Thru Hankey" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL