The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Overhand Up the Ladder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scody
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of scody
Hey Folks,
On one of his videos, L. Green says that an overhand up the ladder is possible, and briefly displays it... and then says "It's not so easy"... or something like that...
But that's all I got.

I think a smooth overhand up the ladder would be a GREAT clean idol in the hands shuffle.
Anybody out there have any other references for that sleight?
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Just my two cents...

It'd be great if it could be done smoothly. The up-the-ladder sequence generally relies upon alignment of packets. Green found a way to make this look pretty good with the Hindu shuffle, but from the overhand shuffle, it seems a bit too delicate and deliberate -- meaning, it doesn't look like the intention is to mix the cards. There are full deck false shuffles and single-card controls that can work well from the overhand shuffle aesthetic, but I don't know that the up-the-ladder sequence is one of them.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Damon Zale
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Damon Zale
Yea given how great Green shuffles look, that particular one isn't the most deceptive
Kamal
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Kamal
Isn't there a Hindu-style up the ladder as well?
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Quote:
On 2010-06-18 08:55, Kamal wrote:
Isn't there a Hindu-style up the ladder as well?

Yes. He teaches this shuffle on the "shuffling green" dvd I believe. I think it's on the same dvd as the "real green shuffle".
juggernought
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of juggernought
I agree- having seen Lennart Green do it, I practiced this false shuffle and I can do it reasonably well now but there are other false shuffles which I think are fare more deceptive. I rarely use this one.

However, the Hundu Shuffle up the ladder false shuffle is a good one and can be done very smoothly and deceptively.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Overhand Up the Ladder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL