The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Harry Anderson Prince Monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
226 Posts

Profile of John Macmillan
Has anyone made up a set of cards for this routine? I understand the routine is in Harry's book and I'd rather own the book, and have a set of cards made up than purchase the effect separately. Just wondered if anyone has had success in doing this and if so could offer some suggestions.
Thanks
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
If you mean the effect Harry calls "Monarch Monte, I have made that up. I have made it in very large cards as well as standard jumbo size. It is a bit of a pain, but you should be able to do it with a scanner and your computer. I used a commercial color copier and it is a bit costly if you have bad ones, which you likely will. But you still can make it cheaper than the commercial sets. If you get the book and decide to make this, email me and I can give you some tips to make it easier.
quack
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
The "Party City" chain of party supply stores was selling LARGE court cards (jack, queen, king, ace) last year. They may still be carrying them in stock.
I purchased several sets . I made a few of them into side tables (two-fold screen style) and used one set to make up the big version of Monarch Monte.

Yes, you can easily make this and it looks great.

Just go slow and make sure all your cuts are very neat. Use sharp exacto blade and a t-square straight edge .

I also made a smaller "jumbo" version (but larger than standard Jumbo cards) using standard jumbo cards enlarged on a color xerox copier at Kinko's.

Both versions look great. The really big cards take some getting used to in the handling. I actually prefer the "smaller" set, even though they are more than double the size of standard jumbo cards.

Get "Wise Guy" by Mike Caveney and Harry Anderson. It's a great book all around. Harry's handling of torn and restored jumbo card is worth the price of the book, IMO.
John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
226 Posts

Profile of John Macmillan
Thanks guys, the feedback and offer of assistance are much appreciated.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
By the way, here's a source for those giant playing cards (18" x 25")

http://www.shindigz.com/shop.cfm?Page=di......D=HC201A
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Harry Anderson Prince Monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL