The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » One Coin Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Before anyone tells me the obvious, yes I have Kozmo's DVD. I'm looking for other work on one coin routines because when I first saw Koz's DVD I had assumed he was using silver dollars for some reason but after seeing lecture I learned he actually uses half's. After watching the DVD I went out and bought a silver dollar shell set not realizing Koz actually uses half's. But after working on it for a while now I have determined that I just CANNOT get the coin to securely fit in my with the speed and naturalness that the routine requires so the coin in eye is out.

I like the way Koz starts building his crowd with the one coin routine and would like to do the same as well but I need to develop a different routine because I don't want to sacrifice the coins I have only thing is I don't JACK about coins and I'm wondering if you guys could throw a few ideas my way as far as one coin routines go.
mikethemagician
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of mikethemagician
I have my one coin routine based on Koz's as well (My first effect of my routine too)and I do under foot and in eye but I have changed it a bit from after seeing Nick Nickolas having his coin come from his nose and getting great reactions, I'm sure you know that one... maybe not?
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Not familiar with that one but thanks for pointing it out to me!
Chris G.
View Profile
New user
Germany
62 Posts

Profile of Chris G.
Eric Evans has a one coin routine, that he developed for street performance. It's on his dvd "The secret art of coin manipulation." He uses silver dollars, and he performes the coin to eye as well. His routine is different from the one of Kozmo, mainly it is presented in different speed and attitude. It ends with a repeated jumbo coin production.
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
I think Cellini used dollar sized coins.
I prefer dollar sized coins generally for busking and close-up. They show up well and make a lot more noise. I do a routine with 3 coins and find that to be a good number of dollar sized coins to comfortably CP.
I've avoided using ex s****s on the street for fear of dings on the pavement. I save them for close-up.

I don't do the coin to eye- monocle thing but dollars would fit as easily as halves.
It's your call really. If you've invested in the dollars, work with them. It's not like they're wrong. It just might take a while to get used to.
My personal opinion is that they'll be better in the long run for "chest level manipulations" for a crowd. Not so good for tabled card matrixes (matrices) and the like...
I'm waffling now......
Andy_Bell
View Profile
Regular user
my mindless rambling's now total
162 Posts

Profile of Andy_Bell
I'd agree that the dollar is to big for a matrix, or a coins across into the spec's hand,I think half dollars are about the limit for either of those. Got to agree about not using a s***l as well (especially if you go to the all effort that Neal did to aquire one!).
Having messed about with a bit of 1 coin stuff, I'd have to say that dollar sized stuff works very well, but having different coins for different routines makes me uncomfortable so for me it's got to be halves.
I was put on this earth to do a great many things..... I'm now so far behind that I don't think I'm ever going to die!
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Quote:
On 2010-02-13 03:03, Chris G. wrote:
Eric Evans has a one coin routine, that he developed for street performance. It's on his dvd "The secret art of coin manipulation." He uses silver dollars, and he performes the coin to eye as well. His routine is different from the one of Kozmo, mainly it is presented in different speed and attitude. It ends with a repeated jumbo coin production.

Mac, for the coin work Study Eric's DVD.. Smile

The coin to eye bit is Eric's.... straight from his act.

I saw Eric do this live a lot on the street, and I think he was using Morgan Silver dollars.. They were slicks (the front and back were filed down) , and the coin had milled edges for grip
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Anyone know where Eric's DVD is available?
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Quote:
On 2010-02-13 09:31, Mac_Stone wrote:
Anyone know where Eric's DVD is available?

You can PM Eric, he is a member here.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Thanks guys!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » One Coin Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL