The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Here /There (coins across) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
This is my coins across routine. Great for walk-around., close-up...etc
Simple and direct.
Influence's from:
Lawrence O'
Arturo Ascanio
John Ramsay
Dai Vernon
Kainoa Harbottle
Enjoy
Tim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-SiaZRmDHE
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Smile Smile Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Me likey TF!

MMc
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2010-02-21 19:57, feher wrote:

Simple and direct.

Tim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-SiaZRmDHE

I must be tired but it didn't look "simple and direct" to me.
I was a bit confused.
I'll have to take another look after a nap.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Thanks guys !

Jaz,
Simple meaning sleight wise. You have me confused, with the confused statement......lol That is the thing I wanted to avoid when I structured this. I didn't want it to feel like a cat and mouse game.
You are the first to say it's confusing, it's been working good for me. But, if you can point out what area was confusing I will look into it.
Thanks for the feedback.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Hi Tim,

I'm not a coin man, but do some coin magic. I really liked it. I thought it more entertaining than most. The only move that was possibly suspicious to a layman was the last, where you hold on to the 'coin' a little too long. The hand position was unnatural to me. What about a retention pass for the last? It needs a little convincing at the end. The first moves looked great.

Just my humble opinion.

D.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Hi D,
Thanks for taking the time to view and comment. I'll look into what you suggest.
Thanks again.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How's it playing for audiences?
At a guess, the third coin transit would get a pretty good reaction.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Hi John,
Glad you asked, This routine has played very well for me, it's fun and I can go into different directions at will. The spectators eyes go right where I want them, due to the structure and misdirection I use. This routine is more about being yourself, then doing sleights. That's how I wanted it, There is only one move that isn't natural, but it's covered well through patter, I feel.
I even had the last coin go in the spectators hand on occasions. Now that's long distance...lol
This has become one of my favorites right now.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I like the glasses bit. And thanks for posting a coin video where we actually see the performer's eyes!
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Hi Landmark,
See, I listen to you from another one I did. So that's two new vids that shows my ugly mug....lol This routine depend on body gestures and eye contact, like most routines do.
Thaks for taking the time to view and comment.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I think that "what works" is an interesting thing. If you ask a handful of people (magicians) what they think, some will like it like it is, some will dwell on suspicious moves and some will basically tell you how they would do it which in itself is telling you what they think would be better. Smile Of course suggestions are welcomed but I would say that if it's playing well for you Tim, then mostly go with that - Do you baby! Smile Believe me, I've been there...Smile I've been told sometimes what won't work no-way, no-how and maybe shouldn't even be done...but in the real, it works just fine and most times even better than that. Smile

Guess it depends on who you ask and clearly magicians and laymen are two very different groups, and the magician group is so much smaller and better aimed at analysis behind their deeper knowings but it is the laymen who command the greater audience and deliver perhaps the greater appreciation and sense of amazement, which is what is most important to me. So I don't know but I'm just sayin'... Smile

Of course anything can be improved upon mostly but sometimes some of it can be overkill and sometimes a little tweak here or there can make it better. Also, differing levels of magicians will see and tell you different things. Your ultimate discernment is the final arbitor. Personally, I like it and like the way you present and think about what you do and why you do it, and with that I trust what you present and it has never let me down. Mostly because your caring approach to all this is consistent and you clearly know how to "think" magic. So while someone might question your use of silverware at the table, they will never question the table itself. Smile That said, when some balanced and metered thinkers here speak of any such "confusion" to them it is worthy of a good look and further consideration IMHO. Smile But in general, good job as usual. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2010-02-22 15:44, feher wrote:
Thanks guys !

Jaz,
Simple meaning sleight wise. You have me confused, with the confused statement......lol That is the thing I wanted to avoid when I structured this. I didn't want it to feel like a cat and mouse game.
You are the first to say it's confusing, it's been working good for me. But, if you can point out what area was confusing I will look into it.
Thanks for the feedback.
Tim

I simply felt that there was a lot of excess movement which I felt wasn't "direct".
Direct being the key word here.
Glad it's working for you.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Looks magical to me
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Here /There (coins across) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL