The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Landing Page Copy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Where can I learn to write good landing page copy suitable for a mentalist/magician?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
761 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
Jerry West Kitchen Table Sales Copy.. it's designed for people who don't write copy

http://blog.seorevolution.com/2009/01/14......rketing/

It's not designed for magicians.. it's designed for hard core internet marketing, all you have to do is change the topic
its ok.. balloon dogs don't bite
TheMagicianGuide
View Profile
New user
Wheat Ridge Colorado
90 Posts

Profile of TheMagicianGuide
First, always remember that you know your business the best . . . I am constantly surprised that people ask others to write copy for their business. At the very minimum, write down a few pages of content that generally describes your business (in your own words - don't worry about grammer etc. at first). Include what kind of performances you do, and then include an entire second section of what kind of users/customers you'd really like to have (if the two groups are separate).

The best content doesn't "build you up" - but rather just reflects exactly your business and what it is your wanting/needing to be . . . Every performer is different in some way . . . find your business niche, and then find your exact target market - write your content to that target market.

This is exactly what we tell our advertising clients too - just understand your business, and your business niche - especially through the eyes of those potential customers you'd like to reach, and you will succeed.

Know your target market first.
TheMagicianGuide.com - National Magician Directory.

The Magician Guide is part of Kids Party Resource network of childrens entertainers and event rentals.
Brian O.
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Brian O.
CopyBlogger (http://www.copyblogger.com/) is a treasure trove.
If you want to send some copy for me to critique, send me a P.M. I'm a full-time writer/editor. You can check out my site (http://www.brianeoneill.com) to get a sense of my writing style.

In general, the most common problem I come across is writing that "sounds like writing." For copy writing, keep the language conversational and the sentences short (hint: if you can't say the sentence aloud in one breath, it's too long.)
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
761 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
EWWW I love CopyBlogger.. don't know why I didn't think of mentioning that
its ok.. balloon dogs don't bite
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Landing Page Copy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL