The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill switches for coloured currency (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I am now the proud owner of John Lovick's "Switch" book, and what a marvellous resource it is.

But still too little attention is paid, IMO, to the issue of banknotes of different sizes and colours (which is pretty much every currency apart from $US)

I've thought of a neat routine/premise for a £5 to £50 transformation. The trouble is, the "change" is very noticeable, because a fiver is blueish and a half-ton is pinkish. Are there switches or subtleties that address this problem?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Hi Ross,

Gregory Wilson braught out an effect called "Foreign Affair" where he transforms a $ 1 note into different other banknotes while folding it in half. He uses a "sweeping motion" with a woosh sound. He ends the routine with a $ 100 note in his hands, completely clean.

I don't know if you could use something of this routine. Maybe hold the bill before the last fold in one hand and pass the other hand over the bill to make the transformation.

Anyway, I think the technical aspect of the effect should be talked about in the secret session of the forum. It's quit difficult to explain something without giving something away.

By the way, do you want to hand out the £50 note to the audience at the end ?

Oliver.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
That is one of the reason I am so much a fan of the mismade bill... Colors perfectly match.

When I work with Euros (5 to 50 for example) I try to move a lttle bit while folding/unfolding. Not in a shaky way of course, but on the contrary under the pretext of showing very nicely what's happening to people on my right, then on my left. I try to put the color changing moment in one of this slightly shifting action. When they realize the color has changed, it's too late, the bill has become a 50. After all, if a bill would really change from 5 to 50 euros, there would be a moment where the color would change!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
The skull cracker change Bob Sheets has some answers for this
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Skullcracker.

I don't hear much about this method but it is the answer to your question. It's easy. It's darn near perfect. I use it a lot! (see the latest NY coin seminar DVD for my routine Transporter Malfunction that uses this)
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Greg Wilsons foreign affair is a great c;lose up Item

here in NZ the notes asre dark Blue to Dark Green for 10-20 dollar switches

Your hands can cover this if done correctly -never had a problem with this using colour currency

Brent
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
David Acer has a bill change called "Around the world in 80 dollars" that uses bills from 3 different countries.
It looks nice. I like the way he gets into the routine. He takes a deck of BF cards with the names of different countries and cities written on them. Two cards are selected and a bill is changed to match the selected countries.

You can find the routine on his Extreme Magic DVD and in his book Natural selections 2.

I've always wondered if Greed could be adapted to currencies from different countries.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
cardking
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, Canada
138 Posts

Profile of cardking
Around the world in 80 dollars is in the first volume of Natural Selections. great routine.
cardking
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, Canada
138 Posts

Profile of cardking
Around the world in 80 dollars is in the first volume of Natural Selections. great routine.
cardking
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, Canada
138 Posts

Profile of cardking
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Yes, your right. My mistake.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Foreign Affair looks really nice but this same idea can be applied to the Greed by Daniel Garcia and and in this trick you can show the bills more open.
Yves Tourigny
View Profile
Veteran user
Somewhere in Quebec
323 Posts

Profile of Yves Tourigny
I am canadian so even though the bills are of the same size, color is an issue. The way I have done it in the past is to blow on the bill at the moment of magic turning the bill around during the ascent. Worked perfectly. Try it or some other little justified movement to create the moment of magic during witch you do the dirty work and it should work.

Yves
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill switches for coloured currency (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL