The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » NEMCON 2010 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Thoughts anyone??
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Yes, you should have been at breakfast this morning, we laughed until we cried. Sort of a Post Mortum. If you wanted to rank closing shows for NEMCON's, that was not the best they have ever had. But some of the other happenings around the lobby added a much needed diversion. Bizzare would be a very mild word. That is about as far as I will go. We always have fun. Our main fun is seeing all our friends, and having fun with them. That was indeed a success.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
How very cryptic.

I had to work during the day, but was planning on trying to make the evening show. I ended up not making it - I guess I didn't miss much?
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Quote:
On 2010-03-15 11:38, Danny Diamond wrote:
How very cryptic.

I had to work during the day, but was planning on trying to make the evening show. I ended up not making it - I guess I didn't miss much?

Actually, with the exception of one act, the show wasn't too bad. The one act I'm referring to was more interested in entertaining himself than the audience. It was ridiculous and embarrassing. It's acts like this that gives magic such a bad name. If I were a client considering magic as part of my entertainment schedule, this gentelmen would have made my decision very easy... NO, HELL NO! C'mon guys. Give the audience some consideration!!!!!
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Well Arthur Trace, and Marc Oberon killed. I won't mention names in any negative light, it serves no constructive purpose, but that is always the problem, it only takes one that is too long, too boring, etc. to drag the whole show down. Funny how some said it was the worst show they have ever been too, until you question them, and ask why? Then they say, well this guy was great, I liked this, I loved that, but this one act was so bad................ So the show wasnt that bad, but people focus on that. And they finally admit is was actually pretty good, except for that one............... The problem for us, is almost all are friends, how do you tell a good friend to give it up. That is not easy, because I do not think they would even get it.

We had a great time, great laughs, caught up with some we don't get to see, and I also booked four fall lectures just from being there. For us, great convention.

Is that less cryptic for you Danny?
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Quote:
On 2010-03-15 12:42, Craig Dickson wrote:
Is that less cryptic for you Danny?

Well, yes. But don't get me wrong, I wasn't looking to get anyone's name dragged through the mud or anything. I was actually referring more to the "happenings around the lobby" and "bizarre would be a very mild word" comments, when I commented on the cryptic nature of your review. But I'm not gonna lie and say I wasn't curious as to WHAT (and not necessarily WHO) made the evening show "not the best they ever had"!

I'm glad you had a great time overall Craig, hope your dealer table was as busy as I've seen it in years past.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Shoot me an email, craig@wizardcraft.com and I'll fill ya in on the outside stuff.

We had a pretty much non-stop crowd at the booth. Setting up four more lecture dates from the people there that saw some of the new lecture material.

Thanks
dreid007
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of dreid007
Not for nothing but give that 13 yr old girl her props its to bad they messed up her lightening cue. matter of fact they only had spots and no color lightening. plus you should see her whole act and her act she performs in a balloon.
dreid
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
I heard she was really good, but they screwed up the lighting. Everyone said the same thing, they really liked her. We missed it. But that seemed to be universal, they all knew that the Sound and Light guy screwed it up.
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
The 13 year old did a great job, considering. I had no problem with her. It was the storytelling so-called magician that I could have done without!!!
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
When one hires friends, that is what occurs. A cheap deal to save the budget, which is always a huge consideration, sometimes blows up in your face. I used to mesh with RG Smith for the SAM National Convention year after year on dealers who also had a lecture or act worth hiring. It makes sense, they are already coming, so using them can work sometimes........... Oh well, on to next year, this one is over.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » NEMCON 2010 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL