The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Linking Lover Bands Will Last Forever? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Where have I been? I only recently discovered the Alan Wong souvenir linking lover bands, (After having ordered the other souvenir linking rubber bands) and when I saw the potential for audience appeal I ordered a couple sets.

They arrived today, and I am really tickled. They look beautiful, and I'm anxious to start working with them.
My only question concerns the material they are made of.

That happens to be silicon.

The first thought that went through my head was that I believe silicon will eventually degrade.

Some one please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I am posting to ask if anybody knows how to preserve these bands (maybe a spray or other substance that I can apply to them) or a particular way of storing them to slow down or even stop the aging process?

Any help would be appreciated.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Hondo
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Hondo
Quote:
On 2010-03-18 20:20, daffydoug wrote:
Where have I been? I only recently discovered the Alan Wong souvenir linking lover bands, (After having ordered the other souvenir linking rubber bands) and when I saw the potential for audience appeal I ordered a couple sets.

They arrived today, and I am really tickled. They look beautiful, and I'm anxious to start working with them.
My only question concerns the material they are made of.

That happens to be silicon.

The first thought that went through my head was that I believe silicon will eventually degrade.

Some one please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I am posting to ask if anybody knows how to preserve these bands (maybe a spray or other substance that I can apply to them) or a particular way of storing them to slow down or even stop the aging process?

Any help would be appreciated.

Just keep them dry and always place them with other rubber bands "together in the bag".
If you love rubber band magic, you must try Picasso Bands.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hNdapdWZsU
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Linking Lover Bands Will Last Forever? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL