The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Ted Carrothers Magic Studio / Toledo, Ohio (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Did anyone here ever visit Ted's shop in Toledo? He was a great guy!
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
I visited his shop a few times in the 1980's. Ted was a very nice guy, and had a somewhat twisted sense of humor to boot! He was a dealer at Magi-Fest for many years, too. Always cut great deals at the convention for his customers. He's sadly missed.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
I remember his shop fondly as well, I think his wife gave music lessons in the back (I remember the piano back there) and the shop was so unique in design, almost like walking through a house with several rooms back to back. He had some really unique and collectible items.

I do not think that Toledo has a magic shop anymore, if so I would love to visit there since it is close and I travel alot. I know when traveling the turnpike there are a couple in the Cleveland/Lorain area to the East (not counting Cedar Point of course) and 1 in Wauseon Ohio to the West.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I was lucky to have worked with Ted at his shop. Met many great magicians and wonderful people there.
Yes there is still a small brick and mortar shop in Toledo.
Glass City Magic and you can find info online for the address and phone number.
The owner of Glass City, Dennise Weigle was also a friend and employee of Ted Carrothers.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Yes! When I started booking programs for School Assembly Service (Chicago)in Ohio, I met Ted. We became very good friends. He even installed an electric outlet in his parking lot so that I could hook up my motor home overnight! Whenever I was in the northwest corner of Ohio on a weekend, I would drive in to Toledo.
Ted always had a pot of coffee on! The "backroom" was a great gathering spot. I think it was one of the last of the "olde tyme" shops.
I was booking Ohio in September 1980 when my father died. I drove into Toledo, parked my van in Ted's "side yard", and Ted drove me to the Detroit airport. --and picked me up the following week when I returned. He was a real friend.
I met Andy Portala at Ted's. We've been friends for 30 years!
Many times when I was driving through without my motor home, Ted would invite me to be his house guest.
(His wife was not only a fine musician, she was also an excellent cook!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Ted Carrothers Magic Studio / Toledo, Ohio (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL