The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cowboy's Full - The Story of Poker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
David Ben posted a review/analysis of James McManus' new book "Cowboy's Full - The Story of Poker" on Tricks & Tweets.

McManus turned the story of his fifth place finish at the world poker series into "Positively Fifth Street", a NYTimes bestseller.

Read the review here.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
David's right on the money.

Hold'Em's dirty little secret is, and has always been collusion.
From the smallest game, to the Bellagio and beyond.

Whip-sawin' the chump.

If we started throwing around names, the shockwave would venture forth with much fanfare.
(actually, names aren't that hard to find if you're determined........and you'll know many, if not most of them).

I don't know if I'd call David's musings a "book review", but it's certainly excellent advice to the inexperienced poker player.

Now, the one thing I'd take umbrage with is the idea the McManus doesn't know much about cheating. I suspect he knows more than most, and I also suspect that he, like many experienced players, doesn't view whip-sawing as "cheating" per se.
If anything, this type of attitude is more one of the experienced player who knows the ins and outs of the game, than it is somebody who "doesn't know about cheating".

Although I'd never stand on a soap-box and argue the point...........if I'm at a table with known associates, and there are newcomers joining us...........it's time to "crack that whip.......whip it, whip it good".
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Not so sure about mcmanus and his knowledge about cheating.. He also doubts (apparently with others) that the original world series (moss v greek) even took place. silver, I wrote some stuff about this on the other forum
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cowboy's Full - The Story of Poker (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL