The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » First "summer" day in Montreal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
Good day!
We had a record temperature up here for the season today. I decided to take out my cards out for the first time this year in our local flea market.

I'll join the gang and say I totally endorse Don's DVD. Only with today's take I could:
- Pay for Don's DVD
- Pay for my Table/Case setup
- Pay the printing of my frenchs instructions
- Pay the flea market lot
... and a diet pepsi
All that from the first day this year. Anyone still waiting to start in the pitch business... JUST DO IT!

I have a question for you guys here:
Someone saw me do the pitch and he asked me if I was the only one to have that in Quebec. I said "of course", as far as I know, nobody else is doing Svengalis.
So he wants me to sell him boxes of cards so he can sell them in another city.
I sell my Svengali kits 10$/ea so I thought I would sell him each kit for 5$. I'll still make my money, and I won't have to go under the sun. From my perspective it's a win/win situation for both of us, but I'd like your oppinions.

See ya soon,
-Louis-P
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Louis,
The bottom line for any pitchman no matter what he's pitching is to make money.

So if you can make money selling half price to this guy,DO IT !

Later,Don
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
We just spoke today. He'll take 4 dozens to start. It's an even better deal for me since US and Canadian dolars are even, I'll be able to order new stocks at lowers costs (No currency conversions), and maybe use the occasion to invest in a box of worms.

If I got sales at 10$ with only the cards, they'll rip their pockets to give me that 10 when I add in a fluo fuzzy squirmle. Those I'll keep to myself, I'll only sell cards to the guy. I don't want to lose time giving him magic lessons to use the squirmle (Unless he hires me to Smile)

So, bottom line is, this summer is starting real good real fast. I'm quite optimistic and it's couldn't happen at a better time.... it's gonna be real useful to pay off that new condo! Smile
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Louis -- sounds like a good arrangement, at least for you. But maybe as part of the deal, you ought to get in writing the fact that he won't encroach on your territory -- whatever, wherever and whenever that will be.

It may not be totally enforceable, but it's better than nothing. You don't want to create a "Frankenstein Monster" here!

BTW, if you do decide to get the Squirmles, I don't think you'll regret it. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
He told me that if we ever get in the same area he will take the cards off for the day. He has other stuff to sell. So, at least it's a verbal contract.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I think he'll live up to that Louis.After all you are his supplier,he wouldn't want to kill that deal.

Don
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
I think it was movie mogul Sam Goldwyn who said "A verbal agreement isn't worth the paper it's written on."

Seriously, it probably won't matter much anyway -- trying to enforce this sort of agreement would likely cost more than the whole thing is worth. Fortunately, pitching cards and worms takes a fair amount of time and effort, and so there isn't that much competition anyhow. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
That's what I thought... I'm even afraid he won't sell his first batch if he simply puts them on counter and "wait for the money to pour in".
On the other hand, like I said, I don't want to be his personal coach and teach him what Don teaches, but the more "he" makes money, the more I make money without having to leave the house.
Also, there are a lot of permanent outdoor markets in the area so it will be very hard to burn out the cards. Everyone I saw told me it was the first time they saw anything like this.

Also, I wrote to Carl about the worms. Maybe it's just because I'm younger and more tech-savvy but these LCD tabletop displays are really nice Smile Maybe I could even put my own video in them... I asked him what the minimum order was to receive it. We'll see.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Louis,
The LCD display dosen't take a disk it takes a chip.Don't know how you would make one of tham,besides the one that Carl has is really good so why try to fix it if it an't broke.

Later,Don
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
I heard him say it used "SD cards", which are the same as a digital camera. So in essence you could put pictures from your last vacation in it Smile...

But I'll agree with Don... Carl is hard to beat for the smoothness of his demo. *** he's good with the worm!
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Louis,
I posted this vid here but maybe you didn't see it.This is Alex a 15 year old that I went to the New York state fair with.He is as good as Carl,really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNoNpBPGTD0

We did well in 12 days.

Later,Don
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » First "summer" day in Montreal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL