The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Dean Dill's Explosion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mattmagic149
View Profile
Loyal user
Austria
215 Posts

Profile of mattmagic149
Hi there!

I hope I am not annoying but could you share your thoughts and experiences on Dean Dill's explosion with me?
Because I want to know some things like:
How are the peoples reactions?
What do you do after you finished it? (Because of the 12 s***ls)
How do you walk away?
In which situations do you perform it?
What do you do if a spectator wants to examine the coins?(What would happen quite frequently!)
etc...

Many thanks
Matthew
Practicing is like a bank, if you don't put anything in, you won't get anything out!
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
Matthew,

Is always the last trick when I have seen Magicians performing.Johnny Wong
has Coin Bomber for $ 350.00 the same trick.Deans $ 800.00 - $ 1000.00.You
can't let the spectator fumble with the coins.Some Magicians like the trick
and others don't.I wouldn't perform it close up.There have been a lot of
post on this trick.

If you need help you can pm me.

Paul
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
I usually see it performed as part of a formal close up performance as you need a pretty big close up table to perform it. When it is done, they just pick up the whole board and put it away (backstage) or cover it with a cloth.

This is not a strolling trick.
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
I perform Explosion in my shows when there is a live projection available at the venue. I perform it with Dean's Close up Pad and I carry the pad in a Portfolio case.

In my act, I remove the pad from the portfolio case and set it on a Spider Table. After the routine, I place the portfolio case over the pad and my assistant clears it away. Covering up the coins would prevent it from dropping and people wanting to touch them.

Coin Bomber and Explosion is rather different in routine and presentation. Dean's Explosion is one of my favorite close up showpiece.

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
When Dean Dill finishes doing Explosion, he picks up the coins with both hands, stacking them as he goes, and puts them away. That gets the "coins" out of play, and it's a relaxed moment because the trick is over.

It looks fine.

Cheers,
Jerry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Dean Dill's Explosion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL