The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Who exactly is Per Clausen? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trainwing
View Profile
New user
Hendersonville, TN
44 Posts

Profile of trainwing
I have five Per Clausen chip effects and they are all excellent. He is best known for Black & White Surprise, but the others are Holey Chip, Traffic Chip, Prediction Chips, and Dizzy Chips de'Luxe. They are all of excellent quality. But here's the thing: In the instructions for any of these effects, all it says is "Made in Europe." I have tried to find out more on the Internet, to no avail. Does anyone know who Per Clausen actually is? Where's he from (what nation/city)? Does he make the chips himself? (If not, who does?)Is Per Clausen an active performer? If so, where? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

(P.S. All of these effects were made several years ago, so I guess its possible he is no longer with us. Nevertheless, any information would be nice to know.)
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
He's from Denmark, I think.

dsalley13
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
On the Mark Leverage website you will find a claim that Per Clausen makes several chip illusions exclusively for him. See http://www.markleveridge.co.uk/shopbask/products/ccns.html
Interestingly, although his website speaks of Per Clausen in glowing terms as a "master craftsman", he includes no biographical information about Mr. Clausen (He does about himself though).
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I too have a few of these effects (Traffic Chip and Black & White Suprise).
These are very well made.
I wish he (or someone) had a forum for these effects. I would love to hear other ideas on what others do other than the given instructions...

I guess we could start something here.. But kind of hard w/o exposure?
Not that they're hard to figure out (IMO).

BTW: Mark Leverage has a really neat "Stabbed in the Pack" routine but with an "Excalibur" Sword! Pretty cool.. I have been tempted, just because I really liek the sword!

http://www.markleveridge.co.uk/shopbask/products/exc.html
he has great Video Demos on his site.

Anyways...

Mike
Paul Reed
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Paul Reed
I have just bought black and White surprise and traffic chip, so I'll be interested in ideas too. Ended up ordering from the states as most dealers in the uk stock the cheap versions...
Paul Reed
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Paul Reed
Well I now have the Per Clausen originals and unlike any of the cheaper alternative I would happily allow people to inspect these - I am more than happy. The others are heading to eBay!
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Sadly, all good things must inevitably come to an end. Apparently, the classic Black & White Surprise by Per Clausen from Denmark has become collectable and somewhat scarce as available quantities have finally been depleted from what I can surmise. I just ordered my third set because these were among the finest ever manufactured along with the late great Eddie Gibson’s chips. One of the finest close-up effects ever invented. Angle proof, aesthetically pleasing and extremely visual. Per Clausen also created Chip & Coin Monte, Clausen Chips, Dizzy Chips Deluxe, Echec etc Mat, Holey Chip Miracle, Mirror Chips, Prediction Chips, and Traffic Chip.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Who exactly is Per Clausen? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL