The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Best visual stage routine<< (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
For someone starting out on stage material ....
what are your recommendations?

The focus is on visual rotuines - ie, dancing cane, d'lite, torn and restored newspaper, extreme burn 2, etc.

Any suggestions, much appreciated,

regards,
WulfieSmith
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Here are some standard visual stage effects/routines:
--serpent silk (and allied silk through ring penetrations, etc)
--20th century silks
--color-changing silk
--any silk blendo
--linking rings
--multiplying balls
--color-changing balls (red ball in red silk placed in wine glass changes with green ball in green silk inside another wine glass)
--card fan productions and flourishes
--Miser's Dream

I seem to remember a very old effect of lighting a wooden match and the flame floats from the match through the air to light a candle on the table.

An idea I had years ago for a closing effect was to tear a large sheet of white paper and a small sheet of black paper into several strips and flash restore them to a white sheet of the original size with the words "THE END" or "That's All Folks!" in black as if formed from the torn black strips.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
The match effect sounds brilliant, if you remember more, please do let us know Sonny.

D~
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Thank Anatole!

WulfieSmith
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
To address the original topic, all magic is visual, without presenting the magic before an audience, you have junk in a case or drawer.

The best is the one:
1. You like to perform.
2. You get fantasic audience reaction during and after the effect.
3. If you only could do one trick at the most important showing in your life.

It is different for many, they may overlap and some choose the same effect of course. Most likely it would be some form of a Classic magic effect.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Quote:
On 2010-04-18 13:22, wmhegbli wrote:
To address the original topic, all magic is visual, without presenting the magic before an audience, you have junk in a case or drawer.

The best is the one:
1. You like to perform.
2. You get fantasic audience reaction during and after the effect.
3. If you only could do one trick at the most important showing in your life.

It is different for many, they may overlap and some choose the same effect of course. Most likely it would be some form of a Classic magic effect.

Well said Bill. Its material that is you. One performer can kill with a thumb tip and the other a Zig Zag.

David
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Here's a nice floating flame and candle to silk effect by Fantasio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtOsxLYEuAU

-----Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Personally I think for me
I end a few stage shows to music with a lit cig vanish,then using a glass, water & tissue
finish with a Snowstorm ,pretty visual,pretty spectacular!!!!!

Cheers
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
It really depends on your style. Whatever effect you have or get, you need to start off your act with something strong that will get the audiences attention. For me, I do a parasol act to music. Then I do things to get the audiences participation. The best stage routines I've ever seen don't use fancy props or expensive boxes, they use very simple things, ordinary objects and the audience. Look at Michael Finney.
One of the most entertaining routines ever and he uses what. Two decks of cards. Two borrowed bills, and the audience. As jeff hobson says, the audience is your most important tool you will ever have.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Best visual stage routine<< (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL