The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Traps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Guys , have any of you used "coil spring" traps as opposed to the "lever arm" type . I use the lever type but have been looking at the type that utilise a spring mechanism for closure . Just don't fancy a nasty nip from one of the other type lol .
Regards Mark
E.O.I
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Used htem for what?

Can you find pictires of what you mean?
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Dave , the coiled spring type "gin trap " uses two springs to snap shut the jaws as opposed to a standard gin trap that utilises a single lever arm . Id love to be able to post pictures of a spring type but getting pics on here boggles me ... There are some examples on the big auction place ....What Id use them for ?? Well I wouldnt be asking this question in the kids entertainers forum ,thats for sure . But as you ask ..they play an important part of a magic square routine I do , along with some blockheading .. ( I kid you not ..)
Regards Mark
E.O.I
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Yeah, I've used them.

I prefer the "lever arm" type, it looks a bit more dangerous because you need to use your body weight to open the trap.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Thank you Brett , just checking with you more experienced guys , cant be too careful .
Regards Mark
E.O.I
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Quote:
On 2010-04-20 15:56, markthorold wrote:
...along with some blockheading .. ( I kid you not ..)

If ya ever have the need for high grade surgical stainless steel nails, lemme know!

http://greatnippulini.com/sideshow.html
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2010-04-20 15:56, markthorold wrote:
....What Id use them for ?? Well I wouldnt be asking this question in the kids entertainers forum ,thats for sure .
Regards Mark

Ok let me see .... using traps ..... and wont be posting in the kids part .....erm ....... are you going to stick your nob in it????

But Mark

I agree about being baffled by adding photos on to here .... I'm the same and with web link as well>>>>???????

:confused: Smile Smile
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Sorry Dave but I thought you had mistaken me for a novice who was here fishing for advice and not someone who does actually perform with traps etc.No ill feeling mon ami. As for pics ...well ..I guess Ill have to rope in my 10 year old to sort that one out lol. Nice to see you back here anyhow ( Ive always been a lurker here mostly ,but active in the penny forum )
Have a lovely weekend , lets hope the sunshine carries on .
Mark
E.O.I
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
It's possible to disable one spring, in a number of the double spring traps.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Mark I didn't think that at all .....Dang you w3ould have had to do a LOT of fisshing to get 1139 posts!

I asked about pictures becuase I was not familiar wiht the type of trap you reffered to. I also was thinkgin about the differnt presentations that are available for using traps. Mousetrap on toung, hand in trap. traps a monte thing that Doug put out some time ago.

If I thoguht you were fishing I would have told you to sod off! Smile in the nicest possible english way!
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Dave ...I like you !!..... The trap mentioned was advertised on the big auction site ( the name we must not utter ..) under the search title "pole trap " .Instead of having the "arm" it has a small spring either side that snaps it shut .It actually looks quite ferocious ,hence me asking ( Im quite partial to the odd pick of my nose ,and didn't want to reduce the amount of apppendages available ..) .
Have to admit that although Ive gotten really close to trying ,I cant muster up the last inch before the mousetrap goes off on my tongue .But the day will come .
All the best , Mark

Ps . Harley , Ill look into that tip , much appreciated .
E.O.I
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
You should do the mousetrap! It’s great! I sent Gwyd a birthday message and did mouse trap on tongue for the first time!

Its all b@lls needed to put it in but it is not as bad as you double expect (sorry did that sound a bit ..... rude?)

Hey it is my birthday tomorrow ..... if you need that as a shove to do MT on tongue then do! Of course I all lump sums of cash accepted as well as videos of people sticking their tongue in a trap!

Go on do it! Get your tongue out
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
All the best for tomorrow , vid sent to e-mail adress , not quite a mousetrap but you'll like it .
Mark
E.O.I
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Traps (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL