The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Todd Robbins' Carnival Knowledge (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Though there are a number of elements that still need to be worked out, it looks like this show will happen. Here's the promo for it:

Todd Robbins’ Carnival Knowledge
“The Sideshow Experience from the Bally to the Blow-Off”

In this gasp inducing spectacle of real-life human marvels, purveyor of amazement Todd Robbins leads us on an unforgettable journey into the subculture of circus and carnival sideshow. A blast of Americana in the spirit of Ripley and Barnum, "Todd Robbins' Carnival Knowledge" will amaze and amuse with its oddly beautiful mixture of the gross, the strange and the just plain bizarre! Starring Todd Robbins, the Postmodern Master of Sideshow, and his coterie carnival sidekicks. Joining Todd onstage in every performance are such living wonders as Twistina-the Most Flexible Girl in the World, the King of the Wee Ones-Little Jimmy, Zanitra-the Gorilla Girl, Madame Electra-The High Voltage Lady, Olga Hess-the Headless Conundrum, Pythonia-the Snake Girl and the Flying Ebola Bros. Previews begin Thursday, July 24.

Runs: 90 minutes without intermission. May be inappropriate for children under 10.

SOHO Playhouse
15 Vandam Street (off 6th Avenue, one block north of Spring)

Thu @ 8PM, Fri @ 9PM, Sat @ 8PM & 10:30PM, Sun @ 3PM

In this show, walk the audience through what a sideshow is all about and deconstruct the elements such as the Bally, Dings, Freaks, Self Made Freaks, Working acts and the Blow-Off. I have banners by Johnny Meah, the Electric Chair from Jim Steinmetz that was used on the World of Mirth and Carson & Barnes Circus sideshows, Red Trower's swords, the Blade Box from Jay Marshall that was used in Dick Best's sideshow at Riverview Park in Chicago, a bunch of rhetoric learned from Bobby Reynolds, a Headless Girl and a Snake Girl illusions from Ward Hall and the Human Blockhead props left to me by Melvin Burkhart. I have been working on this show for about a decade and I hope it will be a fun time for all that come to see it.

Todd
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
[quote]On 2003-06-25 22:13, Todd Robbins wrote:
Though there are a number of elements that still need to be worked out, it looks like this show will happen.
[quote]
Todd, it sounds great! I hope you will include the many long (and short) romances and marriages that resulted from the sideshow life. Percilla and Emmet, Jeannie and Al Frank Lentini and his wife, and not least, Slim & Krista
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
I wish I can see this, maybe one day...

I hope the best for you Mr. Robbins...

And like, we say in French to tell someone good luck, just before going on stage "Merde"...

Humbly

Kuffs
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
582 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Almost 20 years ago I stumbled across this show and it started my interest in Carnivals! MAn time sure flies by too fast.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Todd Robbins' Carnival Knowledge (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL